Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard the Buju Banton won the Grammy! If so

congrats to the Gargamel.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

yeah man Buju win the Grammy. Congrats. I hope it send a message to the juror. Only in America a man on charge that could land him many years in prison and he is wining the one of the biggest award in music.

good fi Buju.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      yeah man Buju win the Grammy. Congrats. I hope it send a message to the juror. Only in America a man on charge that could land him many years in prison and he is wining the one of the biggest award in music.

good fi Buju.

what kind of message? Juror suppose to consider the facts presented.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie don't tell me they don't think about anything else. Don't tell me they can't be influenced by what is happening in the media. The jurors are not yet choosen so chances .......
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post

good fi Buju.
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Reggae Grammy isn't televised...I doubt they know he was nominated or even who he is...

Comment

I am pleasantly surprised and I thought Gyptian would have won the award based on past history....
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

my prayers were answered... will say i am pleasantly surprised as you were... i thought it was a great album... too bad the popular reggae stations and reggae djs dont play it for the people... most likely if you didn't buy the album you wouldn't hear the chunes on the album...
                'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

If memory serves me right I don't think Gyptian or Junior Gong were even nominate. Sly and Robbie were in two different projects.

Comment

you think him can't get the media if his lawyer want? That is story that the press would run to.

Comment

Why would Junior Gong be nominated?

Comment

The album he has with Naz is considered Reggae and it is a big seller.

Comment

No it isn't and no it isn't...

Comment

Big is relative. Compared to most reggae albums I guess you could call it a big seller. A few hundred thousand from what I remember hearing.
                            Last edited by Islandman; February 14, 2011, 04:23 AM.
                            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I still don't get what the message from that would be though. He won a grammy so.....what?
                              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X