Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golding charged for Fraud

Fraud at Mavis Bank Coffee Factory

Detectives are probing fraud at the Mavis Bank Coffee Factory in St Andrew.
    A Reconciliation Clerk employed to the factory has been charged with stealing nearly $4 million from the company's accounts.
    The defendant, Shanna-Kay Pratt Golding, pleaded not guilty to more than 40 counts of fraud when she appeared before the Corporate Area Criminal Court on Thursday.
    She was charged last week by detectives from the Fraud Squad following allegations that millions of dollars owed to coffee farmers had disappeared.
    It is alleged that between 2008 and 2010, Mrs. Pratt-Golding, in her capacity as Reconciliation Clerk, prepared cheques on behalf of more than 40 coffee farmers who provided coffee beans to the factory.
    However, she endorsed the cheques, making them payable to herself and pocketed the money.
    The racket was uncovered after a farmer made enquiries about a cheque last year.
    An internal audit then unraveled the entire racket.
    The investigation showed that Mrs. Pratt-Golding also made cheques payable to her husband.
    The money was later lodged to a joint account held by the couple.
    However, the police have not laid any charges against the husband, because they are still trying to determine whether he was a party to the fraud.
    Mrs. Pratt-Golding is scheduled to return to court on April 27.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Sass, Sass - Wikkid
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

prophetic?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No prophet at all, maybe you can help me with a profit
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
        X