No announcement yet.

Is she a liar or does she have amnesia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is she a liar or does she have amnesia?

So far its the DPP who has been accused by the most people as lying. A DPP could not have told so many lies, she probably forget.
    'I never spoke with Lightbourne'

Published: Friday | February 11, 2011 0 Comments

JDF legal officer denies telephone call mentioned in minister's statement SECTIONS OF a statement submitted to the Manatt-Dudus commission of enquiry by Attorney General Dorothy Lightbourne have been shot down by the legal officer for the Jamaica Defence Force (JDF).
    Lieutenant Colonel Patrick Cole yesterday told the commission that, contrary to claims made by Lightbourne in her statement, he did not recall speaking to her on the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]telephone[/COLOR][/COLOR] the day an extradition request came for Christopher 'Dudus' Coke, and neither did he attempt to see her.
    "'Lieutenant Colonel Patrick Cole came on the telephone and informed me that they had a request from the US for the extradition of Christopher 'Dudus' Coke and wish to come to my [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]office[/COLOR][/COLOR] with the request'," read Lightbourne's statement.
    Asked by K.D. Knight, lead attorney for the People's National Party (PNP), whether he had any such conversation with Lightbourne, Cole said no.
    "My recollection is that I never spoke to the minister at all," the JDF officer said.
    He added: "I never requested to see her."
    In the statement before the commission, Lightbourne said: "I told (Cole) that this was not the proper procedure and he should not be involved in the process, that there is an established and lawful procedure in extradition matters and that it was not being followed."
    But Cole said contrary to Lightbourne's testimony, he did not offer any assistance in sending the extradition request for Coke to the minister.
    "I had no [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]documents[/COLOR][/COLOR] or anything of the like," Cole said. "I did not have the documents and I did not do that, sir."
    Lightbourne is yet to testify before the commission.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Get the phone records
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
      Get the phone records
      Well the phone records will show there was a phone call. The dispute is that that the army man spoke to her at the time.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

DPP????

You mean the Justice Minister/AG???

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
          DPP????

You mean the Justice Minister/AG???
          sorry the AG.
          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
          X