Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriot headed to Jamaica

Marriott International headed to Jamaica

Reports have emerged that the US hotel chain Marriott International is heading to Jamaica.
    A report in the Sun Sentinel newspaper says the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) has approved US$42 million in loans to finance eight Marriott-operated hotels one of which will be constructed in Jamaica.
    Joint venture
    RJR News understands that the hotel will be established as part of a joint venture with a Jamaican conglomerate which has real estate holdings.
    The IDB says other hotels will be built in Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago and Mexico.
    The hotels are to be developed by a Costa Rica-based company, Caribe Hospitality.
    The first hotel to be financed under the loan program is a 127-room Marriott Courtyard in Alajuela near the Juan Santamaríia International Airport about 12 miles from San José in Costa Rica.
    Marriott International is a worldwide operator and franchisor of a broad portfolio of hotels and related lodging facilities.
    It has more than 3,000 properties in the United States as well as 67 other countries and territories.
    Tourism Minister mum
    And when contacted on Monday night, Tourism Minister Ed Bartlett confirmed that Marriott along with other overseas hotel chains have indicated an interest in Jamaica.
    He however, declined to give details on the proposed Marriott venture in Jamaica.
    According to the Tourism Minister it would be premature to divulge information at this time.
    Mr. Bartlett says international interest in the local hotel sector has grown against the background of the strong performance of the tourism industry despite the global recession.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

AGAIN .... they were there before.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

a mussi young bud write the article.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
      X