Nice move KD!!!! I expected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    that's all it is! KD and Phipps especially, trying to be cute and appear smart. it's impressing somebody, i guess. not me!

only a truth commission kinda set-up will get me what i want, and grandstanding attorneys certainly ain't it!
    I don't mind KD and Phipps trying to appear brilliant. That sort of ego can extract the truth that we seek.

I take issue with the Commission blocking the questions that seek to identify the caller who tipped off Dudus because they flow from a protected conversation between the CP and the Minister. People died because Dudud was tipped off, we need know who made the call. Lewin said Dudus was tipped off within 15 minutes of him telling the Minister so we know that the call was made.

I take issue with the Commission asking Lewin about conversations with his wife (who works at the US embassy) but blocking question about conversations between Lewin and the PM and Nat. Sec Minsters. The conversations between a man and his wife are protected.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
      I don't mind KD and Phipps trying to appear brilliant. That sort of ego can extract the truth that we seek.

I take issue with the Commission blocking the questions that seek to identify the caller who tipped off Dudus because they flow from a protected conversation between the CP and the Minister. People died because Dudud was tipped off, we need know who made the call. Lewin said Dudus was tipped off within 15 minutes of him telling the Minister so we know that the call was made.

I take issue with the Commission asking Lewin about conversations with his wife (who works at the US embassy) but blocking question about conversations between Lewin and the PM and Nat. Sec Minsters. The conversations between a man and his wife are protected.
      The Commission has been seedy from Day 1! But I don't agree that the grandstanding between lawyers will extract truth. They are treating this like a regular court case where each side tries to protect his client by obfuscation, and by revealing only as little as possible. Lawyers do not seek truth! Or at least, not defence lawyers. And what you have here are two sets of defence laywers. The prosecutors are the biased and wimpy commissioners.

That's how I see it.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        that's all it is! KD and Phipps especially, trying to be cute and appear smart. it's impressing somebody, i guess. not me!

only a truth commission kinda set-up will get me what i want, and grandstanding attorneys certainly ain't it!
        The commissioners are there to pick sense out of nonsense. I don't see neither as trying to "be cute and appear smart" I see them trying to support their case.

Phipps' position is that the process didn't follow protocol and that the secret agreements violated the rights of citizens (Where is JFJ .... why the silence?) and he is using the very document the US used to support their position to prove his case, what is wrong with that?

Yesterday KD tried to get the commission to say what he heard about some leak. Others objected to the line of questioning, but personally I agreed with KD on this. Let it all come out.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post

" blocking the questions that seek to identify the caller who tipped off Dudus "

Is that what is in his statement?
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
            The commissioners are there to pick sense out of nonsense. I don't see neither as trying to "be cute and appear smart" I see them trying to support their case.
            What is KD's case? What is Phipps' case?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Hahahaaha

Big gray-back man like unno just ah realize that ALL COE are seedy, samfir deflections. Look pon Blair, look pon 911 truth commission (complete whitewash), look pon the pastmaster PJ.

I think the RSA Truth and Reconciliation commission was the closest to a really value added exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                Hahahaaha

Big gray-back man like unno just ah realize that ALL COE are seedy, samfir deflections. Look pon Blair, look pon 911 truth commission (complete whitewash), look pon the pastmaster PJ.

I think the RSA Truth and Reconciliation commission was the closest to a really value added exercise.
                gray? darn!! maybe I should try cake soap instead!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                X