Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bond quote

James Bond

Last week I used the wrong example. My principle to use "geographic" names with exceptions for heroes or once-only events as Independence means "Norman Manley International Airport" is proudly, properly and permanently named. Sangster International airport may be changed by posterity as he is not in any exception group. For the record, Bond, like Jamaica was born in 1962. Dr No starred our own Reggie Carter - "Mr Jones", stunning Marguerite Lewars - "Freelance"; our bauxite mines, Lime Cay "Crab Key" and exposed our beautiful land and people to global tourism. Bond is the most successful, longest-running, highest-grossing film franchise - a gold mine! Are we freakin' crazy? Cuba milks Hemmingway's legacy; if they had Bond they would be blue chip! Bruce must put the Bond Museum next to the jetport; find a good curator, get Sean Connery interested - his Aston Martin, John Barry's scores; get "********** Galore" and "Oddjob" outfits and memorabilia donated from all 23 films. Stay conscious, my friend!
    Dr Franklin Johnston is an international project manager with Teape-Johnston Consultants currently on assignment in the UK.

franklinjohnston@hotmail.com

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/colum...#ixzz1D2UdF7v5
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

...mmmm?
    The scene weh di bus tap di tear aff di duh ha Jahn-sen Town hout-side a Lucie. Yuh tink dem shudda change di name a Jahn-seh town tuh Bond Town?

Jus-a hask!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

if you have a plan fi sell it as a part of the bond tour or selling it to Chris Blackwell.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
      X