• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Success

Sweet Success - Pastry chef Alecia James aims for the stars
    BY INGRID BROWN Senior staff reporter browni@jamaicaobserver.com
    Sunday, January 30, 2011

SO confident is Alecia James in her ability to excel at what she loves that when several banks refused her a loan to start a pastry business, she sold everything she had to finance her dream.
    She sold her car and most of her furniture, and converted her two-bedroom house into a factory that today churns out thousands of exquisite desserts

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz1CWvJlv9A
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

positive!!!!!
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

di banks only give business loan to ppl wid big name. when u nuh have links or u nuh related to a big shot, dem tell u fi jus tek a car loan.

Comment

A so it go even a merica. Small business loan a nuh people who a start business unless you have big house and land or retirement.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yuh hundred percent sure or is whey yuh live yuh ah talk bout. Fifty state deh pon di main lan boss.

Comment

Well mi cyaan too sorry fi dem cause when Joshua did ah give out money fi opin bizniz (granted all you need was an address) they took the money and made merry (bought s90 motorbikes, kept big dances with lots of women, some even took the money and went abroad; the Jakan dollar was 1.5 to 1 USD then)

Now that groom is here and their lamps shoould be trimmed; they have no oil (hence weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth) Reminds me of Noah and the ark; where they mocked and jeered, dem say dem neva see boat sail pon dry land, "noah is wha yuh ah do?" now when it began to rain for forty days and forty nights , flooding the land. They asked Noah to open the door. Noah said " mi would ah really like fi opin it, but massa God lock di door an haff di key, yuh would ah haffi consult wid God bout dat"

Instead of working and building their nation; dem nyam out di money so tun roun ah call Joshua communist, as if communist govt. ah give money fi start bizniz. Lord forgive them because most them were barely literate then; they did't understand what the word communism meant.

They could have said Joshua we are not ready for all those big ideas you are putting before us, we are scared help us. No dem follow peeple wid agenda. Now dem haffi sidung and watch dem wealth taken from them without saying a word and it's send out to divers places. They cannot sing a joyful song and they are not in a strange land.

As likkle boy in JA, I can recall when Joshua with the ministry of tourism, bought down many cars (big chevy) and buses for JUTA drivers. Suppose unnuh did see JUTA man dem time deh? Every morning in their white shirts, All JUTA drivers earn the eqivalent or more to that of middle managers. They all lived in nice homes. Yuh couldn't get nuh drive inna dem vechicle unless dem ah go home an feel fi carry yuh. In 96, I came out of Sangsters (first time back in many years) I was surprised to see the JUTA operators hanging around like some cayliss bwoy bout di place.

Yes but di Bible haffi fulfill. "As a man sew, that shall he also..."

In short do not weep for them because they wanted it the way it is right now.

Comment

Working...
            X