François St. Juste leaves morning radio on Fame 95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• François St. Juste leaves morning radio on Fame 95

François St. Juste will no longer be on RJR’s Fame 95FM.
    The popular radio announcer told listeners Thursday morning that he had a wonderful journey but his time on Fame has come to an end.
    Sources say the mood at broadcast house was very sad.
    A release issued by the station online confirmed that St. Juste had his last day on morning radio Thursday morning.

He has been on radio for 26 years.

He will still be apart of RJR, in his capacity as the General Manager of Radio, overseeing the Fame 95 brand among others.
    St. Juste is being replaced by DJ Nicco starting Friday, January 28.
    DJ Nicco officially joined the Fame FM family in 2009.
    He interned at the station in 2006 after winning the Heineken Green Synergy Deejay Competition that same year.
    He was resident DJ at the Margaritaville in Negril, Westmoreland.

"Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

26 years is a long time! some people a bay francois dem know!! rhatid....come to think of it is dem time deh mi did lef fi guh college .... 26 YEARS?!! OMG!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Heard when he said it this morning, wasn't sure if he was joking. I recall when he was to hit the airwaves 1:00 pon a satday. Pure House Music ... I guess thats when Jangle, T.K. and Mosiah tek yuh break dancing.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Francois was on NNN?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Bwoy Lazie yuh hit the nail right pon its head. As a uptown yute, Franscois and FAME played my type of music. It was during that same time period that IRIEFM came into being too. In hindsight, life was much simplier then. Saturday night was Capital Stereo with Hol Plummer, Disco Mania. I remember when I used to put shoe lace through the hem of my school shirts and roll up my pants foot.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

yeah francois use to bring the hip-hop and house vybz, dem time dem music

Comment

and the disco belt (choose yuh colour) and napoleon hair style!

some bredrin di have a boom box a walk 'pon di beach in ochi (turtle towers i think) it did a play some WIKKID mix ..... and in the middle of one a di mix dem yuh hear "THIS IS DISCOMANIA ON FAME FM" ..... everybody tek off an' leff di yute whey did a carry di box fi face di music for committing the cardinal sin of taping discomania and playing it like seh a your mix!

simpler times indeed!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

lol, me used siddung beside the speakers with my tape recorder ready to stop during those mixes. Nuff rewinding and forwarding to try to catch the songs. Sometimes I would wait weeks to hear back the same song.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  lol, me used siddung beside the speakers with my tape recorder ready to stop during those mixes. Nuff rewinding and forwarding to try to catch the songs. Sometimes I would wait weeks to hear back the same song.
                  My first copy of BIG FUN was using that technology.

Comment

Working...
                  X