Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAA probes aborted flight at newly opened Ian Fleming Airpor

CAA probes aborted flight at newly opened Ian Fleming Airport

CAA Director-General, Lieutenant Colonel Oscar Darby.

An investigation has been launched into an incident Wednesday involving a private jet at the newly opened $300 million Ian Fleming International Airport in St. Mary.
    The US-registered aircraft was preparing to take off about 4.30 when it encountered a defective area on the taxiway which leads to the runway at the airport.
    The plane's right hand main gear became stuck in the asphalt for an extended period.
    Help had to be sought to move the jet.
    The flight was eventually aborted after the overseas operators of the jet issued instructions for the aircraft to remain on the ground until it is inspected by a mechanic.
    The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), which confirmed the incident, is to conduct an investigation.
    Director-General, Lieutenant Colonel Oscar Darby, told RJR News a team from the agency will be dispatched to the airport on Thursday.
    “To examine both the aircraft and the runway to see the extent of the damage and the extent of defect on the taxiway. We will certainly be asking the airport to do an examination to look for other defective spots to ensure that this type of incident does not occur again,” he said.
    Colonel Darby says arrangements have been made to protect the defective area on the taxiway.
    “That spot would have been properly marked and circled by tape so that the aircraft will not venture into that area but we will certainly be doing an examination to see if there are any other spots on the operating surface that could cause an incident,” he said.
    The jet which was involved in Wednesday's incident was said to have been the second aircraft to land at Ian Fleming International since it was officially opened by Prime Minister Bruce Golding two weeks ago.
    Formerly the Boscobel Aerodrome, the airport was upgraded to cater to the needs of high-end tourists.
    And RJR News has been informed that the Ian Fleming International Airport is not yet certified.
    However, Colonel Darby says this is not unusual.
    “The certification of the airport is a work in progress. We allow the airport to operate so that we can examine their operating procedures as we go through the certification process,” Colonel Darby said
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Ian Fleming must be turning in his grave.

I smell a lawsuit
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

A di lawsuit and the shoddy work you fi worry bout not the name. Put I know your what comes first fi you.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I can think about multiple things .... practice hard and maybe one day you'll be able to do that as well

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

I am not on the dark side so I will stay positive, thanks but no thanks.

Comment

Boss di name is a krasses...chuss mi pan dat..it a guh bun out itself until di name change.
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

yuh nat dark?? black? Roast Breadfruit?? LOL

yuh certainly vibe very well wid di Backra dem...Maudibby & HeadTop.... unnu seem to si tings same way...lol

Comment

dunno... it might Blow Over or Blow Up

personally i wish 4 the former.... but mek di Roast Breadfruit Politician dem be warned dat peeple ah watch how dem deal wid tings done inna di peeple's name an wid dem coin...

Comment

incase you drunk and can't read well this morning I said "dark side" like Dick Cheney.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                    Politician dem be warned dat peeple ah watch how dem deal wid tings done inna di peeple's name an wid dem coin...
                    Yuh mean like lightbulbs & zinc & waivers?

Comment

Well maybe a smaddy a try SABOTAGE the operations! But in the end, who stands to loose! - tell me!
                      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Probably some PNP loyalist who a sabotage the operation.

Comment

what does that mean "dark side" ... do u know the origin?

anyway mi gawn ah press conference... nice discussion Bac.... Assasin

Comment

or could be the JLP related residents who disagree publicly?

nope ah some termite fi reel..lol

Comment

yep

Comment

Working...
                              X