Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried to help out a chick last night

with a physics question that is! Here is what she asked:
    A car travelled from rest at 2.5ms^2 for 20 seconds and then came to a stop at an acceleration of -2.15m/s^s. How far did it travel.

I dug deep down and far back to give her an answer of 500m. She had to turn her HW in at 7:30 this morning.

Did I skrew her up??? I wasn't sure of my response.
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

if the answer is wrong ... is she gonna bawl "rape"?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Not ef it benh sweet har!
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
        with a physics question that is! Here is what she asked:
        A car travelled from rest at 2.5ms^2 for 20 seconds and then came to a stop at an acceleration of -2.15m/s^s. How far did it travel.

I dug deep down and far back to give her an answer of 500m. She had to turn her HW in at 7:30 this morning.

Did I skrew her up??? I wasn't sure of my response.
        Su wait ... HW due 7:30 and you just a ask if the answer right? Slick.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Suh wait.. yuh cyaan memba if yuh skrew har or nat ?

Sound like a weak Rape defense.

"Mi ronah, I do not recall..."

Juss mek sure she ovah age..

Comment

Ahiite!!!

Comment

500m, let mi si now, Bolt would ah cover dat in 50 sec, yu las longer than Bolt LOL.

Comment

soun right yes, kah di deceleartion at di end ah ongle info (not eben business bout dat deh part) di car start from rest and den come to rest, question done.
                Last edited by myYout; January 25, 2011, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Time is an important factor in this scenario...

Did she tell yuh dat she nuh want nuh 2 minute man ?

Comment

myYout, di young lady seh di answer was 520m. She seh di teacha included di deceleration figure of -2.15m/s^2 inna di equation and also solved for V^2=Vo^2+2ad. He added dat to mi equation of d=1/2at^2 and get di full distance travelled. Slick!!!!

Comment

suh yuh nervous yah know, eeh?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yuhseettuh!!! Nuttn nah gwaan fi mi

Comment

Working...
                        X