No announcement yet.

Storm over airport name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No because there was none. A few people maybe not like it but them nuh go deface the port nor wage a campaign about renaming it.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The problem is if I read the article correctly , some people have a problem with it(the naming of the airport)....lol easy yuh self brick yuh juss lick a wall with an X marked on it.

Like you said it doesnt have to be named after a fariner , so the question is could it be marketed just as well , lets look at it from that perspective , you have the brand name Jamaica , goldeneye, oracabessa, titchfield hotel(if it still exist)One popular sight in this area is the Blue Lagoon, Jamaica, which owes its colour to its depth of 200 feet, other sights include the secluded Frenchman's Cove Beach, the ruins of Folly Mansion and the historic DeMontevin Lodge. The Rio Grande River, Boston Bay and Reach Falls are also close by, errol flynn mariana, port or dock

I dont know what do you think.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I think the biggest problem , is not consultation with the common people.
        Last edited by Sir X; January 23, 2011, 10:13 AM.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

What? Are you suggesting they name the airport the Goldeneye Oracabessa Titchfield Blue Lagoon Frenchamn's Cove Folly Mansion Demontevin Lodge International Airport? And while we at it we need to change the Rio Cobre to the Usain Bolt River...Frenchman's Cove to Africanman's Cove etc...

Comment

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH great idea

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
              Yuh mean.. Louise Bennett Coverley Airport,
              yuh tink peeple wudda kall it dat?
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Kentroy International Airport has a nice ring to it...

Comment

I think i made my point , thanks for the reinforcement.At least you are brainstorming.

Now tek yuh ead outta di wall, it seems as if its hurting you.

Comment

everything Tourism inna Boscobell and Oracabessa name after Bond Already or Norman Coward(sp) that they name the galary after.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Ocho Rios? A wha kinda white man name dat...need fi change the name to Hate Rivas...

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                        everything Tourism inna Boscobell and Oracabessa name after Bond Already or Norman Coward(sp) that they name the galary after.
                        anedda classic
                        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

which gallery name after Coward?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Normally I wouldn't say anything but I must ask you a question Bricky.

Is Bob marley or Usain Bolt poor? (or average income earners). You seem to think that by having someone with caucasian features will attract millionaires to JA.

Ja is a small island why so many airports? Why can't the rich and famous disembark at an exclusive point at the two major int'l airport? What message are we sending? That the natives are savages hence you need to be as far away from them as possible or the air port is you know what let me stop.

Comment

Yes you better stop.. the fact that this is even a point of discussion merely emphasis how little progress this country has experienced under PNP philosophy and rule..

By now we should be working on spin off industries based on di numbah a private jet a come in.. not bitching about di name of one landing place...

Mental Slavery compounded by small mindedness....it's a bitch..

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                                Normally I wouldn't say anything but I must ask you a question Bricky.

Is Bob marley or Usain Bolt poor? (or average income earners). You seem to think that by having someone with caucasian features will attract millionaires to JA.

Ja is a small island why so many airports? Why can't the rich and famous disembark at an exclusive point at the two major int'l airport? What message are we sending? That the natives are savages hence you need to be as far away from them as possible or the air port is you know what let me stop.
                                What is wrong with the name of the airport?

Comment

Working...
                                X