Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One-Day Farmers’ Market a grand disappointment

One-Day Farmers’ Market a grand disappointment

The concept was developed to ease the glut in local produce.

A number of buyers who turned out in St. Elizabeth on Friday were left disappointed with the one-day market sale to ease the glut of agricultural produce.
    Our news team spoke with persons who travelled to the parish from other parts of the island.
    They expressed shock that only a handful of farmers turned out to sell their produce.
    One patron, who said he traveled from Hanover, this morning, expressed disappointment with the offerings, and said he was going home empty-handed.
    “I came all the way from Hanover with the intention to buy a lot of things, I brought a big van, to help the farmers…but there is nothing here. There is nothing to buy, everybody is standing here looking,” said a patron of the market.
    The Agriculture Ministry said the event was planned to allow farmers to sell crops which they have in excess, to consumers.
    The One-Day Farmers’ Market was held in St. Ann, St. Mary, St. Catherine, St. Elizabeth, Clarendon and Manchester.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Hoax?

Comment

Hype... Tufton currency dat...Where's the beef?

Or even the Veggies? lol
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

What is the Hype.. no glut or Farmers cyaan boddah ?

Comment

One day market a success

The Rural Agricultural Development Authority (RADA) says Friday's one day market which was staged in several parishes was an overall success, with farmers raking in more than five million dollars.
          The event, which was organised as part of efforts to ease the glut in the supply of some produce, allowed farmers to sell excess supplies to consumers.
          It was held in Manchester, St. Elizabeth, St. Mary. St. Catherine, Clarendon and St. Ann.
          Al Powell, Chief Executive Officer of RADA, told RJR News that more than 100 farmers participated.
          "I think it was very great achievement as we had over 110 farmers selling from five to about 11 products. We made about $5 to 7$ million and we had more than 8,000 customers/consumers including wholesale and retailers."
          Farmers sold a variety of crops such as sugar cane, yellow yam, sweet potato, plantain, escallion, thyme, pumpkin, carrot, lettuce, and tomato.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Who telling lie now??

Comment

Working...
              X