Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you think a only reggae not selling CDs

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/cake...04139371.story
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

a hope Don1 nuh dodge. explain this to me.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

certain man a run from this like a plague, after them say only Reggae sale from soundscan dropping by huge amount.

Comment

yuh tink mi mus spen all mi time ah track dis forum yah? ah wha dis faada?
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          a hope Don1 nuh dodge. explain this to me.
          Before I can continue the discussion with you.... you would need to understand the theory of relativity...and then apply it to sales, radio spins and chart positions for different genres of music.

Come back when you've completed the requisite study. Until den...it nuh spell sense fi mi.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

The fact is there is a historic decline in record sales and you are totally wrong.

Only you one understand sales, radio spin and chart positions. The fact is we are in a period of history low CD sales and you can't spin your way out of it.

Mi know you dodge it as long as you could.

Comment

You need to understand the evolving music biz...start here and don't come back until yuh do your homework:

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/stories/011411arabandon

Comment

I guess Cleveland Browne nuh know genre either.

"Reggae album sales have been down in 2010 over 2009, but Browne said that music is more widespread than ever before "it's just not being purchased". He appealed for consumers to purchase music legally in order to support the industry and artistes."

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/enter...#ixzz1BhslgYto

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  I guess Cleveland Browne nuh know genre either.

"Reggae album sales have been down in 2010 over 2009, but Browne said that music is more widespread than ever before "it's just not being purchased". He appealed for consumers to purchase music legally in order to support the industry and artistes."

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/enter...#ixzz1BhslgYto
                  so reggae is booming....but sales are not..lol

Comment

the move of music online & to mobile devices is old news... mi nuh need fi read dat

betta yuh fine one stary whey tell mi seh Jamaica reggae....not foreign wannabees or ska like di fooliniss yuh post arreddy... is doing well competing against other top genres... since dats not the case unnu cyaan fine nuh report like dat..

but gwaan live out unnu delusion

Comment

like most other popular genre.

Comment

what you don't understand is how to present a coherent argument showing that RELATIVE to other traditional genres reggae is growing.... since they are ALL subject to the same technological changes that element can be ignored ...so to understand more of what's happening the head to head or relative comparison between genres is key..

this is something u don't seem to grasp

Comment

so in comparison with other popular genres is reggae making headway against them? This is the meaning of "relative" btw

Comment

If you read you will see. The number one album on bilboard sold 44000 copies which is the lowest ever. The same argument that hold for Reggae hold for music in general. It is popular but most can pay 99 cents, watch it on youtube, or pirate it so the sale of CDs registered by Soundscan tell the fact. It is not only Reggae alone. Nuff people are also listening to Internet radios and IPod etc as oppose to traditional radio. Why you think tower record, virgin record etc gone bankcrupt?

Comment

u still cannot grasp the concept of relativity...suh skool close...mi dun wid unnu

detention fi yuh

Comment

Working...
                              X