No announcement yet.

Farmers Market (revisited)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HL, I know the area well as I worked down there for a while, years ago. Was an eye opener for me...in so many ways....I was very young...Those were the good old days.... yes, there was some rice project that was drained near a place called Llandilo I think....the biggest crabs (land crabs) I ever saw in my life..pity I didn't like crabs back then....

Comment

Not to mention that other green crop...acres on acres....not sugarcane...

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        one thing unnu fail to realise is that until 3 years ago we were practically importing everything, from pepper, water, carrot, tomato, onions. We are still importing cassava.

The last two year has resulted in growth in argicultural production. Hopefully we can supply most of what we eat. HL we use to produce sugar and sell it to England and then import at a cheaper price from Guyana.
        What a luxury! Yuh stay a farin and believe tings different because JIS tell yuh say it different!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

so what dat seh?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I don't read JIS pages. It so happen I was in Ja twice in 2010. I also do the little I can to assist one and two farmers who a try with their two acres.

Did you realise Portland production increase about 30% in one year?
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

don't tek stats so simplistically, Sass.

Production from one year to another can simply be determined by natural disasters. Think bout it.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The supply chain is as strong as the Weakest Link...wherever that link is.... not necessarily just as strong as the Minister of Agriculture...unless im ah di weakest
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

It can be but the fact is agricultural production in Portland has been down for a long time. check for yourself.

A youth tell me about his project and I was very impressed. He told me what he wanted to do, he had RADA do their assessment and he is now in the planting stage. I have been updated every step of the way. As I said it has been two years of growth even with hurricane. Are you suggesting the growth is purely because of natural disaster? Last year we had a drought and hurricane.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Dats why I said--for the supply chain to be successful, the govt. MUST not be a part of the link.
                    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                      I
                      Mangrove and other vital plants (useful) to that ecosystem have died off.....
                      HL - mangrove and other vital plants useful to ecosystem have been destroyed long time. The Port Antonio area used to have nuff, but that's history!
                      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

wha dem plant rice a Portie?

The fact is rice or no rice we don't treat the thing them right. Right now my little area a mussi one of the only little place not affect badly(dover point) and the man dem di carry a dump right against the mangrove them but it move now.

Nuff crab we ketch with bottle torch inna crab season.

Comment

No Sass - no rice in Portie. But certain species of fish that nested in the mangrove areas, are extinct!
                          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                          X