Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maroon and British Treaty

Where can I view a copy of this treaty?

Where in Africa does the Maroons came from?

ghana ... comorante/ashante/conakry. the features of the maroons i met up in maroon town are decidedly ashante!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

So why they think they are better than the slaves the British took from Ghana?

Comment

you mean because of the terms of the treaty?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

is this another "brown man Snydrome"?
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Actually, if anything this would be the opposite of BMS.

Comment

But based on reasoning on the forum Black man nuh think them way deh unless them a roast breadfruit.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I have no idea whats in the Treaty, as I have never seen it, but based on stories such as this http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/weste...tonomy_8288186, and past stories.

Comment

I guess them think them "better" because they were brave enough to hold off the mighty British army.

Although I respect thier pride and history I have always had some issues with them. The main thing is how they would work for the British against other freedom fighters like Bogle.

Regarding thier autonomy, one of these days the govt should offer it to them with the condition that as non-citizens they will have to pay separate duties , taxes, etc to use the facilities that belong to the Jamaican taxpayers.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by TDowl View Post
                    So why they think they are better than the slaves the British took from Ghana?
                    They make a deal with the British to return ex slaves who escaped after the treaty. That deal place them higher that slaves.

Most of us came from Ghana but we also came from other places in West Africa.
                    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X