No announcement yet.

Fortes en Fide et Opere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug the two words here and you will be flooded with answers.

Comment

Mi jus ask yuh ah likkle question, which need a likkle answer dats all.

Comment

and I gave it to you.

Comment

The miss Jamaica (also a Dr.) from few years ago did come from over Portmore.

"The academic record was fair, not outstanding. We didn't necessarily get the brightest students," Reid recalled of the school when he joined. But it was under the leadership of John Mackay that its performance changed. "There was a very deliberate move to improve the curriculum under John Mackay, who took over as principal in 1977," said Reid.

The perception persists that Campion is a school for the wealthy, but Reid says that is changing. "I will admit that a large number of our students come from the upper class," he said. "But the fact is the profession with the largest number among the parents is the teaching profession. There are also many civil servants, police and nurses - and, certainly, you would not call them upper class," said Reid.

He says efforts are made by alumni and other parents to assist children in need with books and lunch. "It's all done discreetly, so nobody knows who is being assisted."

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...del-of-success

Comment

"But the fact is the profession with the largest number among the parents is the teaching profession."

Thanks for amplifying my point about background. Wonder how many students in rural Ja and the inner cities can boast that background?

Comment

Enough more that there should be another Campion. Majority of teachers nuh live uptown.

Comment

ansah from di postah would suffice.

Comment

me ... mi glad yuh have the strength tiddeh .....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

There in lies the problem (which was the basis of my initial statement to Gamma) Just throwing another Campion out there will not work. Given the economic times and the bombardment of our young with info, a diffrent approach has to be made. Nutrition has to be taken in account social environment (seeing that most kids aprents are still young and partying; hence misplaced priorities). Ja cannot do as countries such as India (they have over a Billion people hence if they get tundred million highlyh educated people, the wold is thers). Ja has to makesure very shot cont with a a population of 2.7 million.

Comment

Okay. There are still enough other students at the same level as campion's intake that at least a couple other institutions should be doing a lot better. Maybe there are some lessons to be learned from Campion and maybe there are a lot of simple things, separate an aside from your social intervention/analysis, that can be done to increase production.

I have noticed JC has risen its standard significantly over the past few years with better planning and discipline from its leaders and the efforts of the past students.

Oh, mi notice you skip over the Miss Jamaica from Portmore .. LOL

Comment

Point taken No boss nuh really skip har. Wha she name?

Comment

unfortunately the "bright" primary/prep intake cohort is in very limited supply... and no doubt they're attracted to Campion because of its excellence.... no doubt all high schools can learn from Campion's method's but at the 1st form level most cannot "learn" how to get a huge leg up in potential quality graduation output with a "superior" intake

The bigger problem in Jamaica's education is the way to CONVERT the vast sub-par 1st form intake cohort to a high performing group.... the schools which can do that well are tremendously valuable imho and also need to be studied.... not that i'm undervaluing Campion's laudable achievements

I guess the problem is also how to have the primary level create a better intake cohort for high schools... intelligent policy & big investments are needed... more dan road imho
                          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/enter...tan-MISS-WORLD

Comment

no pictures ?

Comment

Mi sure you will find some if you google her. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X