No announcement yet.

Reggae sales decline dramatically... need Atlas Method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not as down as you think mi friend. Tri State reggae is down and the days of selling 45s to DJ is over. The new marketplace is on the net and it is suffering from the pirate downloads like other music but Reggae is just as popular as it was 2 or 3 years ago and still spin on the radio, in the club, and at the big concerts. Check and see where the artist is going in America, out west. With the white youths, the influence is there and they buy more music than anybody else, so... Check their collections.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

lol...
      Reggae is just as popular as it was 2 or 3 years ago
      ah suh yuh perspective limited??

wi deh pon diffrant wavelength mi bredda...mek wi agree to disagree
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

yes because you are using limited data to decide that. Record Sales worldwide is in a BIG decline.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

If it is true as the article states that albums made 1-5 years ago are outselling/outearning "top" stuff produced today....what does that mean to you? That the music is growing? Holding its own?? Those same older titles are similarly affected by the migration of music online & free file sharing...yet are outperforming the top new releases.

Similarly all music is affected by the modern trends...and other data I've seen shows that reggae is losing ground relative to other genres...so mi beg yuh fi get real.

You really need to apply some logic to your thinking... at least some of the time.
          Last edited by Don1; January 13, 2011, 09:08 AM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
            If it is true as the article states that albums made 1-5 years ago are outselling/outearning "top" stuff produced today....what does that mean to you? That the music is growing? Holding its own?? Those same older titles are similarly affected by the migration of music online & free file sharing...yet are outperforming the top new releases.

Similarly all music is affected by the modern trends...and other data I've seen shows that reggae is losing ground relative to other genres...so mi beg yuh fi get real.

You really need to apply some logic to your thinking... at least some of the time.
            Albums? You truly are clueless...people don't buy albums in this day and age...they buy singles...look like yuh need one a Ben's critical thinking seminars...you just regurgitating outdated arguments...which single 5 years ago sold more than So Special...Hold Yuh...No Games?

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
              I recall a few years ago when multiple Jamaican artists had heavy rotation on US radio stations and the R&B, Pop and Urban Music charts had a much bigger representation of Jamaican acts than is seen today...with multiple such acts featured on mainstream US media.... not merely cable but network TV as well.
              Name them....yuh being vague...

Comment

Ever heard of a little song called "Billionaire" with Travie Mckoy and Bruno Mars? What genre of music is that song? Ever heard of Jolly Boys? Man do some research nuh...

Comment

Wi always struggle inna dis yah market suh nutten nuh funny deh suh, ah nuff ah wi artist dem, mek dem money ah Europe an Asia. Ah ongle certain dancehall chune strive inna merica market kah dem people yah nuh love di true Reggae soun. Culture an Lovers Rock ah Europe an Asia, wi ah get ready fi claim back dem market deh, membah mi tell yuh. Dancehall had fi it time, now ah Culture an Lovers Rock re-surgence pan dem.

Comment

him need to get with the time. People can't even find old school reggae pon Itunes. The fact is the only time reggae was more popular was in a 2 year span when we had Sean Paul/Shaggy/Ele/Wayne Wonder topping the Charts. Reggae still holding its own and growing. I guess him nuh see the effect on music in general on with the traditional retailers. Tower Records and Virgin claim bancruptcy, a wonder why? Greensleeves sellolut his catolog to VP, Body Music close down. I don't think they only sell reggae.

Reggae shows are just as big if not bigger, some of the big name artists have been sideline in turns of travel and shows but you have a a few artist well getting a good amount of exposure and doing there thing and selling music.

Comment

albums, singles, downloads..whatever the media...sales are down...RELATIVE to other genres

Yuh cudda deal.... reggae inna di doldrums...wussa wen yuh consider di foolfool artist dem whey inflict dem self pon John Public

but unnu free fi live inna delusion

Comment

I guess that's why old titles are outselling di fooliniss whey dem ah produce tudeh...

Comment

all wen mi name dem unnu aggo come wid some foolfool argument...suh mi nuh inna dat.

nuh problem if wi assessment diffrant

Comment

and them never produce foolishness then too?

Only old foot go a record store now. get wid the time. you still a go a VP and NuLook?

Comment

every era produce fooliniss...an foolinis is fooliniss wedda it deh pon vinyl ar disc ar audio file ar intanet

in dis yah era di proportion ah fooliniss whey produce gone metric...mebbe 90%...give ar tek 9%...LOL!

Comment

what you know bout Jamaica?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X