Overbearing egotistical fathers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overbearing egotistical fathers?

I notice the Indiana Pacers' Jamaican born player has had Jr attached to his name in the local media in the past few days.

We also stress the Jr when we talk about Carlton Baugh and a few others.

Is it that there is a possibility that when we speak of the sports exploits of these players some one might confuse them with their fathers?

Except for Marvin Morgan whose father is still an active competitive football player, all the others are just trying to live their failed sports careers through their children or to get some attention to themselves.

This junior thing is a joke
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

LoL - Just wait till we have

Sickko, Jr.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

that is one way to look at it. It maybe that they think their dad have such an influence that they are proud to be called Jr. I wonder if they were criminals however if they would use the Jr.?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I notice the Indiana Pacers' Jamaican born player has had Jr attached to his name in the local media in the past few days.
        If the guy is named after his father (having the same first and last names), then he is de facto junior. Maybe the Jamaican media was getting it wrong all along, so now they have started making the correction.

I think etiquette says, if the father is deceased, then the son can drop the Jr. As long as the father is alive, then it should apply. Not sure I would consider it egotistical fathers.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

The fathers should not give the kid their names, and mek the yute establish dem own identity. Another example of this is when a father whose name is Maxwell, gives his daughter the name Maxine, or Claud & Claudia.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

"Should not"? I don't see anything wrong with that. If them want to name dem child that, is fi dem business. Mi see just as many children who don't have them father first name, struggling to establish them own identity.

Comment

to each is own. I have a brethren who sport his IV behind his name. Some kids don't mind it at all.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Hell no, poor kid will have my DNA that is bad enough to have him saddled with my name as well
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

That is even worst...is he black or white?
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

Donovan Ricketts' father is named Delroy and all his 20-odd kids have a first name starting with D...
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                      Donovan Ricketts' father is named Delroy and all his 20-odd kids have a first name starting with D...
                      I knew a man - he was named Crispin McKenzie, all all his kids (i knew 7) first names started with a "C".
                      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Black.

Comment

Roast breadfruit...
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

Well nuttin nuh wrong with that. Almost everyone in my family, brother, sister, niece, father etc, the first name either begins with M or C. We call it good luck....
                            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Hortical start with M or C? Whe de kiss teeth emoticon deh?
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X