Wish I had a fleet of trucks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish I had a fleet of trucks....

...that could be fitted with snow removing ploughs.

Atlanta is not equipped with to handle the 4-6" of snow it received.

Major roads, business parking lots-- like supermarkets, gas stations, doctors office (and other essential places of business) are not cleared.

Someone having a fleet of trucks with snow removal capabilities would be licking their chops with $$$$$....
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

who a go pay them? The fact is these states are not prepared. It was a day after the snow I heard them talking about getting some contractors in.

The fact is in the short run it would be good but long term the towns don't think use these contractors.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So, every ten years yuh woulda rack up? Don't sound like a good investment to me. But cut and guh tru nuh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Milwaukee has had a less-snowier-than normal season. We got 4 inches of snow today, and the snow-plow operators are happy for the business.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/113310699.html

Comment

HL,

The cost of a snow plow mounted on an existing truck would be $5,000 to $6,500, plus another $1500- $1800 for a salt spreader mounted on the tailgate.

Comment

A wha do HL?

Comment

Still looking at the crisis with the snow. The temp. has fallen...and no relief from ice in the near future.

Still maintain, a fleet of trucks retrofitted with ploughs and sand/grit spreader would be raking in a significant amount of money.

The city has hired 3 private contractors to help with the crisis....
              Last edited by HL; January 12, 2011, 10:21 AM.

HL

Comment

HL,

If no sidewalk salt is available in the Atlanta area for your house, cat litter will at least give people traction while walking and keep them from slipping and falling.

Comment

Now you'r tellin' me...after I bought several containers of table salt to sprinkle on the driveway-- and store entrance.

But now i know. Thanks Bruce Bruce.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                    Now you'r tellin' me...after I bought several containers of table salt to sprinkle on the driveway-- and store entrance.

But now i know. Thanks Bruce Bruce.
                    ...but you didn't ASK . You can also use SAND
                    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Table salt.... It's still snowing in my parts....working from home....wife have on a pot of soup.....haffi go plow 12 inches later.....SH!!TTTTT....
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

...snow blower a carry-de-swing

HL

Comment

HL, if you need advice, you know where to find me.

Comment

Working...
                          X