Looking for some suggestions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some suggestions....

Whats the best way in JA to try to locate a long lost relative ?

I have an American-born friend who has a Jamaican father that she never knew (the mothers decision, not the father ), and recently she has really been wanting to find out more about him. She has his name and some general info about where he lived but not a whole lot.

Any suggestions on how she could start the process of finding out about him? Of course this breddah could well be dead by now but even knowing that would give her some information.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Telephone book.

Comment

LOL, well I guess it worth a shot. I forgot that those still existed.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Not everybody is there. It's cellphone time now. Small ads in dailies or do a story with pic. Don't even want to suggest RGD.

Comment

Shout it out! ...an someone will holla back!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Them used to have a radio show years ago, on Sunday evening I think, when the host would read letters from people trying to find relatives they lost touch with. I wonder if there is anything like that these days. Jamaica people still love listen radio.

Anyway thanks for the suggestions. I'll mention them to her and see what she wants to do.

Comment

bwoy that is a hard one. I have a brethren looking for a lady who at one time lived in my hometown and I thought I would get a lead by now knowing so many people there but nothing.

I guess the best way is to publish it in the Star. That has been the most reliable way.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The Star? Really? Didn't realise that.

Thats useful information, thanks.

Comment

suggest rgd

Comment

"jamaica people"?!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Publish it in Observer or Gleaner and seh she have a money fi him...

Comment

The following link for the phone book is a good place to start the search. Much like a lot of people in Jamaica, I got rid of my home phone years ago, and it was a waste of money to spend $50/month on a phone that I rarely use.
                        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

LOL! I suspect she woulda get a whole heap a Daddy fe choose from!

Comment

Post the link nuh.

Thanks

Comment

OK what is RGD

Comment

Working...
                              X