Looking for some suggestions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
    Them used to have a radio show years ago, on Sunday evening I think, when the host would read letters from people trying to find relatives they lost touch with. I wonder if there is anything like that these days. Jamaica people still love listen radio.

Anyway thanks for the suggestions. I'll mention them to her and see what she wants to do.

Ralston McKenzie - RJR still (I think) has a program called Sunday Contact (or something like that). RJR's address is 32 Lyndhurst Road, Kingston 5 (me think).

May even be able to phone into the program or through weblink.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
      Publish it in Observer or Gleaner and seh she have a money fi him...

NOOOOOOOOO - them might get to the man and kidnap him and ask fi ransom money
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

See it here
        http://jamaicayp.com/#Person
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Phone Book

http://s2.jamaicayp.com/Jamaica-King...dential/F/book
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

RJR has a very good programme on Sundays that helps persons find their long lost relatives...I understand it has great results... I think they take emails as well as calls or letters

Maybe you can call 926 1100 and get the details
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Registrar General's Department, I think they have helped to find persons before, using genealogical research

Comment

Registrar General Department but they dont have addresses
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Thanks to all the forumites for the great suggestions. I will pass them on and set realistic expectations as to chances of success.

This is why I can't leave out this forum.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                    Thanks to all the forumites for the great suggestions. I will pass them on and set realistic expectations as to chances of success.

This is why I can't leave out this forum.
                    Tell her to hire me, I'm a very good detective
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

they did it for this girl from germany that had a jamaican father, I think they found his relatives, they then found out he was in america

Comment

nice... I am impressed
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

Mek her call Don Topping or Barry G pon di radio and ask to send greetings to har long lost faadah! LoL

Seriously, I have no clue about this...sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by 1of1 View Post
                            Registrar General's Department, I think they have helped to find persons before, using genealogical research
                            I can tell you the service from that department is very, very good.
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                              Shout it out! ...an someone will holla back!
                              This means go public! Even comin on the forum hiding the info does not make sense. She wants o find him...or no?
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

That may be your experience not mine. Took 2 weeks to get my Birth cert. while there after having paid 2 years ago (twice) for it and still had to do a Deed Poll to change what was in fact their obvious mistake!
                                If you want good fast efficient service go to the passport office - got my passport in a day!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X