RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamaica Diaspora Mutual Investment Corporation (JADMIC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica Diaspora Mutual Investment Corporation (JADMIC)

PROPOSAL FOR THE FORMATION OF JADMIC
    ============================

What is happening in Falmouth, Trelawny, in terms of the just-built Falmouth Cruise Ship Pier, is yet another example of Jamaicans not being prepared or empowered to capitalize on the many business opportunities emerging in Jamaica. I believe the primary reason why most Jamaicans are marginalized out of these business opportunities, is that we, as a people, are still so divided that we have not yet acted upon what many other groups of people have benefited from, which is the pooling of financial resources, talents, and professional skills.

We know that some Jamaican politicians, corporate Jamaica, and certain so-called Jamaican elites are intimidated by the substantial financial resources, international exposure, education, training, experience, talents, and professional skills that members of the Jamaican Diaspora could bring to bear on Jamaica in a positive way if we are united.

Therefore, in order for us in the Diaspora to flex our collective influential muscles, and become a powerful force in future economic opportunities in Jamaica, we must be united as Jamaicans socially, professionally, and financially. In just eight months, the RCFJ Forum has grown in excess of 4,000 members, most of whom are Jamaicans. That was accomplished because we are united in our efforts to try and effect REAL CHANGE for Jamaica. As such, I am proposing the following American based venture with the suggested name: Jamaica Diaspora Mutual Investment Corporation (JADMIC):

PROPOSAL FOR THE FORMATION OF JADMIC:

1. I propose that the primary purpose for the formation of JADMIC is to be a financial vehicle for Jamaicans (both the Diaspora and resident Jamaicans) to invest in various projects, businesses, and other investment opportunities in Jamaica, thereby putting us in a position to be heard by our elected leaders and giving us the clout to be a powerful and influential force in the development of Jamaica for Jamaicans.

2. I propose that JADMIC invites every Jamaican (in the Diaspora and Jamaica) to become an investor, equity owner, and member of JADMIC.

3. I propose different levels of investments in JADMIC, with the minimum being $500 (USD) and the initial target membership being 100,000 Jamaicans. At the minimum level of investment ($500 X 100,000 Jamaicans), it would generate an initial capital injection of $50 Million (USD) into JADMIC. The Initial $500 (USD) would be paid in one installment. I propose other levels of investments ranging: $1,000, $1,500, $2,000, $2,500, $3,000, $3,500, $4,000, $4,500, $5,000 and higher, with the level of investment as the determining factor as to the equity percentage owned in JADMIC.

4. I propose that there be no limit as to the amount of Jamaicans who may join JADMIC as an equal investor, equity owner, and member.

5. While I propose that the minimum investment be $5,000 per member, I further propose that the Board of JADMIC, through the votes of the majority of the members, may set different levels of investment per member in the future.

6. I propose that the headquarters for JADMIC be located in North American, with satellite offices in Jamaica and possibly the UK eventually.

7. I propose that JADMIC must be properly regulated by the laws of America, be audited annually by reputable independent Certified Public Accountants, and be properly managed by well trained professionals to avoid any mismanagement of funds.

8. I propose that as part of its Mission Statement, JADMIC will take all necessary steps to be a good corporate citizen in Jamaica, which would include, but not limited to, the adoption of a number of educational institutions in Jamaica and funding scholarships to deserving students.

===
    REAL CHANGE FOR JAMAICA
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

not a bad idea. It needs some fine tuninng and "specific" ventures it is oing to invest in.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
    X