Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falmouth businesses nuh ready

Falmouth businesses not prepared for first cruise ship

2010-12-29 09:35:42 | with audio | (0 Comments)

The world's largest cruise ship in Ocho Rios, Jamaica -Noel Thompson/Photo
    Mayor of Falmouth, Collin Gager, says he’s disappointment about the level of readiness of businesses in the town to cater to [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]tourists[/COLOR][/COLOR] who will arrive on the first [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]cruise [/COLOR][COLOR=blue !important]ship[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    to the town next week.

On January 7, cruise liner Navigator of the Seas, is expected to dock at the just-built Falmouth Cruise Ship Pier.

The ship will take with it 3,400 passengers and 1,200 crew members.

However, Gager says local businesses have not been doing enough to capitalise on the opportunity.

The mayor says the Government is doing its part, but businesses have to get out and maximise their earnings.

Member of Parliament for North Trelawny, Dr. Patrick Harriswhile also laments the level of preparation by businesses.

However, he says he is still happy about the level of development the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]cruise[/COLOR][/COLOR] shipping industry could bring to the parish.

He notes that ships will be calling every Wednesday and Thursday and that 600,000 visitors are expected to arrive annually.

These visitors are expected to spend a projected US$100 each, earning the parish approximately $5 billion annually.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Well if there is nothing to buy they won't be spending!
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

"simpehr"

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

the Indian man dem soon move in.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It just amazes me at the high number of Dr. This and Dr. That--in leadership positions in Jamaica.

One would think that with this level of education...there would be a positive correlation to "getting-things-done".

The slip-shodded way of doing things on the island--just makes me want to barf on my Manchester City jersey. But i just friggin' wont!
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

man nuh get Dr. by doing and selling, man get Dr. by doing research and paper work. you shoulda know that already. I use to work with a lot of them who coulda calculate every possiblity and explain everything and could spell everything but couldn't get one thing done.

Comment

Very true assasin.

That degree is suited for research and teaching functions.....

Im guess Jamaicans are in awe of the Dr. tikle
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
              X