RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Didn't Know There Was So Little Crime In Jamaica...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Didn't Know There Was So Little Crime In Jamaica...

From The OBSERVER:

NEWS
    Domino players hauled before court
    By TANESHA MUNDLE, Observer staff reporter, mundlet@jamaicaobserver.com
    Monday, December 27, 2010

THREE men who were enjoying a game of dominoes were on Thursday hauled before the Corporate Area Resident Magistrate's Court after police said they caught them gambling for money.

The men, Noel Martin, 45, of Waterford in St Catherine; Robert Richards, 39, of Deanery Road in Kingston; and Paul Dunchie, 43, of Mount James in St Andrew, told the court, however, that they were not playing for money but were playing for beers.

However, their explanation did not save them from a fine of $5,000 each or 10 days in prison.

The men were arrested and charged with unlawful gaming on December 18 when they were spotted by police gambling on Slipe Road in Kingston.

you can't play a little domino fi bear again? Bwoy dem woulda lock mi up back in the days cause a nuff bear mi win and just give it way as a youthman. The thing is a nuff area two police we beat up too.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Hooligan!
      Peter R

Comment

outlaw!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

unnu gwaan. mi and my Domino Partner MyYout, man use to stand up and wait pon school bus fi we come off fi get them six love. When you a youth and beat up bigman them nuh like that. Mi all a beat man and then give them back them beer. LOL.

yeah guilty as charge on both count Gamma and Peter.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Ah bwoy the things we used to do as schoolboy eh? Inna the USA them woulda send people go jail fe mek unoo do that.

Just this weekend me and me bredren dem was talking bout how we used to hop on and hop offa bus when it slow down because the ducta neva want fe stop and mek other bus pass him. And when you hop off, you better mek sure fe fe run a few steps till you ketch you balance! LOL!

Yet somehow we manage fe survive it all. Now if a pickney drink water outta hosepipe your hear bout how it bad fe dem and might poison dem to rhatid.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

was talking yesterday...my grandparents had over a dozen pomegranate trees around the yeard and encouraged us (grandchildren) to eat .... truth is birds and probably mongoose used to eat more than us and now... pomegranate juice is so ************ expensive because scientists say that it is a great anti-oxidant ..... my question .. how "old-time people" did know seh it good fi yuh?!!!!

anyone care to share further proof of the wisdom of "old-time people"?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Is nuff things that people figure out through the ages even though they might not have a good explanation.

As a matter of fact the scientist in JA who developed the medicine for glaucoma from ganja said that the fishermen would tell him that when them smoke the weed and go out in to fish the night "we can see far and clear like day" or something to that effect. It took a while before he took them seriously enough to do some reseach.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Bwoy Missah Barristah yuh tun real fareener eeh ...."pomegranate"? Yuh mean ponganaat? A since me come a fareen me learn dat word.........along with "pedophile".
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

"And when you hop off, you better mek sure fe fe run a few steps till you ketch you balance! LOL!"

me was expert fi ride pon bus door step. Disco 9000 and the other 35 minibus dem was my specialty, plus I could get away with not paying any bus fare. To this day I still have a scar in my face from jumping off oil truck (unuh remeber when yuh grandmother use to buy kerosene oil from the oil truck man?) and making the mistake of not running to ketch yuh balance.
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Sass, the next time we have a Reggaeboyzsc pinic, we must bring some domino tables. Now that is one of my favourite pastimes - playing domino on a hot day drinking a cold, cold beer and smoking a Black & Mild (I am more of a social smoker). Yuh skin haffi thick when me ready fi draw card, especially if me start drink the brown "juice".

Comment

i won't even AXE yuh how yuh come to know dat second p word.... dat was for the benefit of people like hl...cya'an lef' out di fariner dem inna di holiday season!

Comment

A remember Rastaman use to drive the bus. Him nuh stop fi no boy, you either had to hop on or off. I remember one morning I hop on and tear mi pants pon the bus step, I had to hop back off and go home fi a next pants.

ah bwoy dem days.

Comment

When I became a youngman. I had a think it was bad fever or headache I had and mi granny say cut a banana heart leaf. I said to her that them bush remedy nuh work mum. She said bwoy stop you foolishness. She cut her think and rub I think some bay rum on it and put it on my head and I tell you I could literally feal the thing pulling the sickness outa me. Now I don't know why is only the heart(middle leaf) but it surely worked.

Comment

you gwaan talk. A long time mi nuh play but when mi deh pon form mi make you turn better drummer than Sly dunbar

Comment

Working...
                              X