X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A wonder if access to free healthcare have

anything to do with this?
    Seven percent decline in illnesses and injury for 2010

The findings of the latest Jamaica Survey of Living Conditions have revealed a near 7% decline in the number of reported illness and injury cases across the island.
    The survey, which is jointly researched and published by the Planning Institute of Jamaica and the Statistical Institute of Jamaica, indicates that the number of reports represented 8.7% of the population.
    This was the lowest figure in a decade.
    Fifty-one percent of the illnesses reported in 2008 when the survey was conducted comprised diabetes, hypertension, asthma and arthritis with prevalence highest among the elderly and women.
    Ten-point-five percent of the 60 to 64 age group reported being afflicted by chronic diseases down from 36.6% in 2007.
    The report indicates that considerably higher prevalence was reported among women as against men with 57.6% reporting that they suffered from at least one chronic illness.
    This was compared to 41% for men.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

We should look at the mortality figures as well.

Comment

It would seem logical.. cheaper access to drugs and treatment enhances the preventative approach...

Well..logical unless you are a Republican or Comrade...

Comment

yeah we need look at mortality and other areas to see how we can improve them.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

...improve mortality...?
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

he has a way with words
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I you want to get real deep and philosophical...yes...look at how to improve mortality...you dont want to be immortal????
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
              X