X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next time you hear these idiots

say Jamaicans can't progress in tourism to the top. and yadda yadda

Mr. Wayne Cummings
    Steven Wayne Cummings is a career hotelier with over 19 year’s experience. He began his career at age 19 with Sandals Resorts International starting as a Management Trainee at Sandals Montego Bay. Specializing in Rooms Division, he gained hands on experience in Housekeeping, Laundry, Front Desk, Reservations and Maintenance across Sandals’ Jamaican Resorts.

He has significant experience in the refurbishing and opening of hotel properties, having spent up to 3 ½ years focusing on construction in resorts here and in the Eastern Caribbean, and with the Projects and Development department of the corporate offices.

His practical experience in hospitality has been solidified with an MBA in Hotel and Restaurant management and numerous other certifications. Proud achievements include championing the introduction of Sandals Resorts’ Environmental Management Systems in 1998, bringing Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa to Green Globe Certification.

His involvement in community development and Jamaica’s Tourism includes diligently building Jamaica’s tourism product in leadership roles of the Negril Chamber of Commerce, the Private Sector Organization of Jamaica and Jamaica Hotel and Tourist Association. He is currently President of the JHTA.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Myrtle Dwyer’s Experience
    • <LI class="experience vevent vcard">Director of Sales & Marketing

Half Moon

(Hospitality industry)
      Currently holds this position
      <LI class="experience vevent vcard">Director of Sales & Marketing

Caribbean Escapes Luxury Travel Reference Book

(Hospitality industry)
      2008 — Present (2 years )
    • Director/Secretary

Glamour Destination Management Co

(Hospitality industry)
      September 1987 — March 2009 (21 years 7 months)
      A dynamic Destination Management Company owned and operated by its founding members providing receptive and ground-handling srevices for groups and individuals.

Myrtle Dwyer’s Education
    • Montego Bay High School

1963 — 1970
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Godfrey Dyer

Godfrey Dyer is a Tourism Consultant with over 35 years experience in the industry. He has served as Managing Director of Ironshore Resort Villas from 1972-1983 and Owner and Managing Director of the Wexford Court Hotel from 1977- 2006 when he sold the property. Mr. Dyer served on many boards including President of the Jamaica Hotel & Tourist Association, Vice President of the Private sector Organization of Jamaica and, World President of the Kiwanis International Foundation. Currently, he serves as a Director of the Jamaica Tourist Board and the Tourism Enhancement Fund.

Mr. Dyer is married and has five children.

Comment

Mr. John Lynch, Chairman of the Board and Director of Tourism

For more than 30 years John D. Lynch has been a steady force for many of the Caribbean’s most visible travel brands, including the country of Jamaica, its national airline, Air Jamaica, Ltd., Sandals Resorts, Beaches Resorts and the recently introduced, Royal Plantation group of luxury boutique resorts. Rising from the tour business, Lynch has become one of the Caribbean’s most influential and sought-after experts, a critical player in bringing worldwide attention and ultimately visitors, to the region he knows so well.

Lynch began his travel career as general manager of J.A.M., a Jamaica-based tour company. Through partnerships with Intercontinental Hotels and the Maritz Travel Company, Lynch rapidly expanded J.A.M., making it one of Jamaica’s leading ground transportation company at that time and a precursor of today’s destination management companies.

Following, Lynch began a fourteen year association with the Jamaica Tourist Board. He joined as senior manager, trade services, was promoted to regional manager based in Chicago, and ultimately became deputy director of tourism, responsible for sales and marketing worldwide. Spurred on by the award-winning Come Back to Jamaica campaign that significantly increased visitor arrivals during his tenure.

In 1991, Lynch became president and CEO of Luxury Resorts Marketing, the promotional and marketing arm of Ciboney Ocho Rios, A Radisson Resort, that brand’s first foray into the all-inclusive market. A year later he joined Sandals Resorts as executive vice president of sales worldwide.

From his Miami office, Lynch oversees public relations, sales promotions, and group sales for all Sandals Resorts brands worldwide and has been an integral part of the company’s aggressive expansion beyond Jamaica that now includes Antigua, Turks and Caicos, Nassau and St. Lucia. For Sandals, Lynch created the now trademarked WeddingMoon™ concept that combines a wedding and honeymoon and that has become synonymous with the destination wedding trend.
        For ten years, Lynch was an active member of the Board of Directors of Air Jamaica, Ltd., the national carrier of Jamaica. Here Lynch was instrumental in the airline’s significant rebranding in 1993 and consequent route expansion that brought more flights to Jamaica from more cities around the world and introduced new Caribbean destinations to Air Jamaica’s portfolio.

Currently, Lynch is third vice president of the Caribbean Hotel Association (CHA), chairing its influential marketing committee and sits on the board of directors for the Caribbean Tourism Development Corporation (CTDC), a coming together of the Caribbean’s most influential tourism entities: the Caribbean Hotel Association and the Caribbean Tourism Organization.

Comment

u r konfused.. but it's your natural state I realize

the issue I posed is less about stakeholders on the cmtee (bosses in your parlance) ...more about those NOT represented

fly strait
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Paul Pennicook

Paul Pennicook is a graduate of the school of Hotel Administration at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York.

An experienced Hotelier, Mr. Pennicook started his career at the Montego Beach Hotel in Montego Bay, Jamaica. While at Cornell and immediately after, he worked at the Sheraton Hotel and Statler Inn both in Ithaca, New York before returning home.

Subsequently, he held management positions at the Holiday Inn – Montego Bay before going on to work as General Manager at Couples, Ocho Rios, then as Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Superclubs.
            In 1995, Mr. Pennicook joined Unique Vacations (the marketing arm of the Sandals Resorts chain) as Executive Vice President. In August 1997, he was appointed to the position of President and Chief Executive Officer of Couples Resort, which owns and operates the Couples group of hotels.

Mr. Pennicook has served as 1st Vice President of the Jamaica Hotel and Tourist Association (JHTA) and was Chairman of that organization’s marketing committee. The Jamaica Hotel and Tourist Association named him Hotelier of the Year in 2001.

Mr. Pennicook was appointed Director of Tourism for Jamaica on March 1, 2003.

Mr. Pennicook serves on the board of the Victoria Mutual Building Society.

Comment

Carrole Ann Marie Guntley is a leading Caribbean tourism professional with multi-sectoral experience and proficiency in the industry. With over thirty-one years of sterling contribution to tourism, she has established an international reputation for innovation and leadership in the field.

In addition to her membership on the JTB Board, Ms. Guntley is currently Director General (DG) in the Ministry of Tourism, Entertainment and Culture, a position she holds since 1999. As DG, she was instrumental in helping to create a sustainable tourism development Master Plan and initiated a policy, which provided short-term incentives for the attractions, villas and apartment sectors.

Prior to assuming the position of DG, Ms. Guntley was BWIA’s Area Manager for Jamaica, St. Maarten & Western Caribbean between 1992 and 1999 as well as European Marketing Manager for the Caribbean Tourism Organisation from 1990 to 1992.

She is credited as being Jamaica’s first female Director of Tourism (DOT), between 1984 and 1990, and it was during her tenure that the island achieved the land-mark target of hosting one million visitors. Ms. Guntley was also responsible for developing the first Tourism Teacher’s Guide and pictorial map of Jamaica for schools and during her watch, the island’s premier tourism trade show - the Jamaica Product Exchange (JAPEX) was launched

Comment

ah wha dis Monster.com??? LOL

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

LOOK pon the list. you see most of them black Jamaicans listed are already in some advisory role to the minister already, with Carolle Brady Guntley been one of the top advisors.

If you notice the investors courted all have at least 2 billion dollars in asset in the industry. What is wrong to get their advice???? They are movers and shakers, in the industry, not just movers, or plain shakers.

Comment

y yuh suh dense?? i don't say those people should not be included... they should be as legit stakeholders

my point..again... is that tourism has far more legit stakeholders who are EXCLUDED... those i identified are also CRITICAL to the success of tourism as are the "bosses" u celebrate.... capiche?

Phew!!!!!!!!!

Comment

only question here is why did it take so long for such a committee to be formed..

About time !

Comment

who are the excluded ones????? tell me nuh.

You just chat pure soundbite without a piece of evidence or any form of substance behind what you are saying.

Is the JTB, JHTA, Villas association, etc, are they excluded? Who exactly are the players that are excluded?

Comment

learn to read first... then try comprehension...and then you may in time acquire understanding

my original post on the issue... see if u can identify additional tourism stakeholders

Yuh fully inculcate di Backra Mentality.. signed sealed & delivered

.... not surprising given your tribal allegiance and consequent lack of capacity to see beyond your nose. Once it's Mr Ed involved he can do no wrong in your myopic worldview.

It is impossible in Jamaica's social framework for "bosses" alone to set the conditions for the industry's progress...but they can certainly be expected to advance the "boss" agenda and continue tourism's lopsided, dysfunctional and malformed development where the benefits STAY with bosses and little trickles down to the workers & communities... which creates tremendous social friction...which in turn limits the industry's potential.

Such a committee needs ALL important stakeholders in tourism to be represented and to have a voice in shaping policy..... sector workers, the host communities, environmentalists et al .... yes... even bosses too

Politicians just won't learn from past mistakes and stupidity

Eric Arthur Blair, writing as George Orwell
                          Last edited by Don1; December 27, 2010, 11:24 AM.

Comment

the fact is the man is setting up a committee with huge investors. Is anything wrong with that? The small groups already have their input through their umbrella organization. Not so long ago the US president met with the top CEOs.

Again you talking just because you have mouth. Without one once of evidence and quick to accuse others. Keep it up, it just show who dense.

Comment

ok "boss" LOL!!

Comment

Working...
                              X