No announcement yet.

Heavyweights to advise Bartlett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

propaganda vs harsh realities ?

lol !

Interesting how positives are classified as propaganda....

fix yuh slip..

Comment

as u r the primary forum propagandist one has to defer to your expertise in the matter

Assasin is definitely overshadowed
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

ok Pot...

Comment

Easy Black...

or mebbe Red LOL!
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

yeah, you a one a dem.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

LOL!!! good one!

HEY! A who yuh a call black?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I am surprised that in this day and age so many here have had immature/juvenile reponses on this thread. It was a similar attitude by a Jamaican Prime Minister that was the beginning of Jamaica's decline in the 1970's. Folks who are actual investors most often bring a totally different perspective on business than the folks who are hired managers. The folks who have made light of this thread and who have sought to make it an issue where people like Wayne Cummings are not thought of as being as important and make it seem that he is being ignored with focus more on the owners opinions are total idiots and **************s. Guys like Cummings dont have a lot at stake. They do good jobs but they dont have the stress and burdens that the investors have. As the type of thought that came from the negative posters in this thread permeates a society, it keeps a society from moving forward.
                  Last edited by Westman; December 28, 2010, 07:35 PM.
                  "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Mosiah, are you really that silly? Why dont you cut out that nonsense? You are supposedly well educated. So why dont you reason well and stop this silly brown man versus black man nonsense? There must be a place and a forum to convene a group of the people who are actual owners and who take the major risks in an industry. How you translate that to ignoring of black men is quite crazy. When this type of reasoning is perpetuated, it makes it difficult for folks to focus on instances when there are actually class or color issues.

Comment

Sorry, Westman, but I think it is high time we have black people becoming part of that "...group of the people who are actual owners and who take the major risks in an industry."

So my comment was not so much in opposition to those he named per se, just a commentary on our continued marginalisation, for one reason or the other.

It has always been a beef with me. My father who was the most educated and talented electronic engineer in Jamaica and who played a major role in developing satellite tv transmission was a victim of racism and colonialism, so I know what I am talking about first-hand. You may see it as idle, careless nonsense. That is your right.

Wi cool still.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Trust me, them man yah will spin anything. Inna them heart them know but choose to push their agenda at every opportunity they get.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Your reasoning is poor. What happened to your father has happened and continues to happen to me and you. However, that is a totally different thing. Yes, ownership needs to be diversified through equal opportunity. However, the current group convened by the minister is due to there being a crisis at the present time. The Minister has been engaging folks like Cummings and other senior managers in the industry for a long time. Nothing is wrong if the Minister wants to engage folks who are the actual major investors, who take the actual risks, to find out their perspectives and to get their guidance.

We need to carefully distinguish between a need for integration and the need for engaging the actual risk takers. We must also be careful about integrating just for the purpose of colour instead of ensuring equal opportunity on level playing fields. I would love to see more dark people as owners but we must level the playing field and see who takes initiative and makes it happen. We can't just integrate by inserting color. We must be color blind and level.

Jamaica has a lot of colour and racial prejudice still. But fighting it gets harder when folks unreasonably cloud the issue with things that are not racist or see racism or colour in everything. This is compounded with politics. When one party does a deal with a brown man it is ok. But when the other does a deal with the same brown man, we hear that they dont like black people. When a black politician or his friend swindles there is less outcry than when a brown politician or his friend swindles.

We need to stop overplaying the brown man/black man thing.

Comment

Head tax increase to be used to engage new tourism markets

Edmund Bartlett, Tourism Minister.

Tourism Minister Edmund Bartlett has shed more light on the reasons behind a proposed increase in the head tax for tourists from US$10 to US$20.
                            Mr. Bartlett says the money is needed to engage new markets during the next year and beyond, to foster continued growth for the tourist industry.
                            "The emerging markets of Russia, China, Brazil and India are not what we call short haul markets, they are long distance markets and it entails significant investments in those markets as well as investment in air lifting arrangements in order to create the connectivity that is necessary to see the flow of visitors from those areas," he said.
                            The Tourism Minister explained that increasing the intake from the head tax is being considered because under the agreement with the International Monetary Fund, the increased spending will have to come from identified revenues.
                            Tax will boost coffers
                            Already the Tourism Enhancement Fund (TEF) is expected to record a $532 million deficit this fiscal year.
                            However the proposed increase in the head tax is expected to boost the coffers in the next fiscal year.
                            "What we are looking at is another J$2 billion into the system as a result of the increase if indeed we choose that as the path that we're going to take," Mr. Bartlett added.
                            The advisory board considering the increase in the head tax is to meet in the first two weeks of January, while any increase will not take effect before April 1 next year.

Comment

Looks like you need to have words with Omar Davis..FINSAC and the policies leading up to it killed off that 'Black Movement'...

Karl would disagree with you however.. 'Black Man Time' was a resounding success under Comrades PJ and Omar..

Everywhere yuh tun... macka...

repent...

Comment

This is the post of the year (Sorry WBVS)

I must applaud the patience required to construct this..

Serenity and Wisdom dictate a dim picture however.

Pearls and Swine come to mind.. good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X