X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavyweights to advise Bartlett

Heavyweights to advise Bartlett

Published: Friday | December 24, 2010 7 Comments and 0 Reactions

A new council of [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]business[/COLOR][/COLOR] titans and professionals has been corralled by Tourism Minister Edmund Bartlett to advise him on how best to execute hospitality policy to drive business and the economy. The new Tourism Advisory Council will have as members:
    • Maurice Facey, chairman and chief executive officer of Jamaica Property Company Limited;
    • Miguel Fluxa, chairman of Iberostar hotel;
    • Daniel Grizzle, managing director of Charela Inn;
    • Hugh Hart, attorney-at-law;
    • Tony Hart, chairman of the Hart Group of Companies;
    • Karl Hendrickson, chairman of The Courtleigh Hotel and Suites;
    • John Issa, chairman of SuperClubs;
    • William McConnell, group managing director of Lascelles deMercado and Company; and
    • Gordon 'Butch' Stewart, chairman of Sandals Resorts International.
    Their job will be the mapping and implementation of a long-term policy direction for the tourism sector, encompassing global, regional and local developments, and forging appropriate partnerships and strategic alliances, the tourism ministry said on Tuesday.
    "The group represents a blend of the best minds in the tourism, [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]business[/COLOR][/COLOR] and legal fraternities, which will move Jamaica's tourism industry to higher heights," Bartlett said in a statement.
    business@gleanerjm.com
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Can this committee deliver or will ego and competition get in the way?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Wayne Cummings not titanic enuff? Or him don't have di right colour?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No him a small fry inna that. If you notice a mostly the bosses, man who invest millions. Cummings do a good job still and have a big platform.

Comment

Oh!

Time to change this brown/white image of Jamaica tho.

Wake mi when black man time really arrive.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Not even Jason Henzell could mek di cut!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Black man control the tourism enhancement fund. Real powerful committee that with a whole heap a funds.

The fact is this is more about investment and partnership.

We have fi pool some money together and do we thing but we just don't or we end up holding the bag like cash plus them. When we invest them will listen to we. Anyway we have a few people who a step out inna some ventures, hopefully it will turn over.

Comment

Hope dem advise Bartlett to get security for the hotels from overseas.....

See how easy them bruk into RIU...

BTW: I take it the the scumbags have been caught. Just that it was not published in the local newspaper. Yes?
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

As mi say a few people a come up wid a few ventures, hopefully it will pay off. Fi him money mix wid copper when it come to them name deh, and not the experience but a few more years might be different if the South Coast and his thing take off bigtime.

Comment

LoL!

Yuh fully inculcate di Backra Mentality.. signed sealed & delivered

.... not surprising given your tribal allegiance and consequent lack of capacity to see beyond your nose. Once it's Mr Ed involved he can do no wrong in your myopic worldview.

It is impossible in Jamaica's social framework for "bosses" alone to set the conditions for the industry's progress...but they can certainly be expected to advance the "boss" agenda and continue tourism's lopsided, dysfunctional and malformed development where the benefits STAY with bosses and little trickles down to the workers & communities... which creates tremendous social friction...which in turn limits the industry's potential.

Such a committee needs ALL important stakeholders in tourism to be represented and to have a voice in shaping policy..... sector workers, the host communities, environmentalists et al .... yes... even bosses too

Politicians just won't learn from past mistakes and stupidity
                    Last edited by Don1; December 26, 2010, 12:59 PM.
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

There are those who will find something to bitch about. Oh well ... the beat goes on.
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

speaking of myopic..is Boss alone form committee ?

Look like yuh have on blinkers..

Di PNP set us back in a serious way.. dem good at fighting gravity.. Drivah and di Team gwine show us seh is not rocket science dis.. wi muss stap fight basic progress.. 'Miggle passage inna Stats class' nah carry wi nuh wheh..

Drivah.. don't stap atall..

Comment

Stop your Bullshit. What is wrong with having a committee with major iinvestors. Is Cummings a major player in tourism investment? Is the JHTA a player? Is the JTB a player in tourism. How much money Cummings and the people you a go tell me bout invest in tourism?

People like you just chat because unnu have mouth. Is it wrong to have a committee with them? A people like you hold back progress and see everything only as black and white.

You know what figet it because mi can't deal with you BSSS this morning.

Comment

lol... di likkle man upset..

corn krush... hush

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

oh mi look one nex time... I now see it's broadly representative

profuse apologies

One Liad....doan tap atall ... lol

Comment

Working...
                              X