Playing the victim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing the victim

We curse our rulers for taking stands. That is something we should do but how about the power of the people?

Look at the JFF issues and you will see. We have educated, ambitious player who make a decent living who should form a union and have a seat or two on the JFF and PL Association board who instead of using their strength, are living at the mercy of the JFF and now the PL Association is defending them which is commendable but remember PL Association have their own agenda.

We live in society where instead of having community board to influence politicians we use Dons. Instead of helping to secure our community and deal with conflict resolution we use the lazy option of Dons even when we have education and will power to do so we surrender.

The power of the people is mighty and you can see it was reflected in Golding decision to bow and change his stance on Dudus. People going to tell me this is all about two tribes but it goes deeper than that. Many of our organizations in Jamaica are disfunctional and discipline and family is missing. We do not rally around and support.

It is time for communities and new grassroot people who have benefitted from the little they have gotten to stand up and be counted. If we do our communities and Jamaica can only be better and the quality of people who serve will be much better.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.
Working...
X