Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaz pledges 1 million

Vaz pledges $1M to fund set up for children of Portland crash victims

Daryl Vaz, Western Portland Member of Parliament.

One million dollars has pledged for the victims of the Portland Rio Grande Valley accident which claimed the lives of 14-persons on December 19 two years ago.
    Daryl Vaz, Western Portland Member of Parliament, says the money will come from his Constituency Development Fund (CDF) 2011-2012 budget.
    Mr. Vaz has also announced that additional funds have been pledged by Prime Minister Bruce Golding for the victims.
    Mr. Golding has pledged $500,000 between now and March with an additional $500,000 to come from his 2011-2012 CDF allocation.
    Following the tragic accident in 2009, the Government established a trust fund to provide assistance for over 40-children of the families who lost their lives in the accident.
    The fund is managed and monitored by a Fund Management Unit chaired by Children’s Advocate, Mary Clarke.
    The account, called A helping Hand for the Children of Portland’s Rio GrandeValley was opened at the Port Antonio Branch of National Commercial Bank (NCB).
    The account facilitates the contribution and disbursement of funds by the parish council.
    Financial assistance is provided to the children to cover tuition, payments for their CXC examination fees, clothing, uniforms, bus and taxi fares and medical needs.
    Persons wishing to assist can send contributions to the NCB current account number 351-077328.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Cuss Vaz for all the things he does bad but these kids are not even in his constituency. Where is the East Portland MP?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Heh, heh I wonder how much him pledge to .......

Comment

You right that he does a lot more than the "others" who have represented that areas. His aggressive jackass behaviour, which is his downfall, is also the reason why he gets things done a lot quicker than some of the other life time politicians.

Comment

please help me with this... is this his personal funds or is it the people of jamaica funds...
          'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

It is the people of Jamaica funds. What is striking is that the MP for the area Rhodd can't even see fi do things for these people who met in that tragic accident. Vaz have done a lot more for these people even though he is not the MP for East Portland.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              It is the people of Jamaica funds. What is striking is that the MP for the area Rhodd can't even see fi do things for these people who met in that tragic accident. Vaz have done a lot more for these people even though he is not the MP for East Portland.
              Some MPs are locked out of being able to use tax payers money.
              Some MPs are always by-passed.

Of couse some MPs are just wasters!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

oooo kay..which is it in this case?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                X