Gunmen attack all-inclusive Negril hotel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunmen attack all-inclusive Negril hotel

There are worries that there could be a fallout in the tourist sector this winter following last night’s attack by gunmen on a prominent all-inclusive hotel in Negril Westmoreland.

None of the visitors was injured, but it is understood that a staff member was hurt in the attack which also triggered widespread panic at the hotel.

According to reports at about 10:30 p.m. three armed men entered the hotel and demanded that the receptionist direct them to the manager.

They were reportedly told that the manager was not available and they proceeded to demand money from the receptionist.

It’s further reported that when the receptionist was unable to meet their demand, the gunmen ordered him to run then opened fire at him.

He received several shots to the back and was taken to hospital where he was admitted.

Our sources say the incident resulted in delays in accepting visitors who had just arrived from Britain at the Sangster International Airport.
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Look like its time fi the army guh pon an all island tour of duty.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Sadly, I predicted this. Where you think those who got run out of certain parts of town went? As John Dillinger said " I rob banks cause that's where the money is". Tourism is all that's left as a cash cow. Let's see how the crime syndicate handles this.

Comment

Thought these hotels had armed security?

Comment

Probably with the mechanized divisions!

Comment

Why would resorts have men with guns at their front desk welcoming tourists?
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

You have never seen heavily armed security guards walking round all inclusives in the night?

Comment

In case you don't know this has happen a few times well before. May not have happen in the last 3 or 4 years but it has happened.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Nope and I worked at two and go to them a lot from Ocho Rios to Negril
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

Okay...I woke up one night to bout 10 heavily armed security guards roaming the property outside my balcony...they weren't just walking round in plain sight...but they were there...

Comment

You sure those were hired by the hotel? Maybe some don or politician was there or ..... hey this is Jamaica could be any thing
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

I have never seen any gun on property. I know the ones I work had but it was not suppose to let the guest see. They wouldn't even let police come and arrest staff on property but wait for them at the staff entrance gate.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Portia Nightmare is a serious ting !

Comment

I have seen EXMIL uniformed, armed (with pistols) security guards at Breezes Runaway Bay.

If I recall, EXMIL sponsored one of the teams that played at Drax Hall.

Comment

To lat them know that the vacation they are about to go on may attack them.

Comment

Working...
                              X