X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babylon calls for Social Contract..but omits The People

...the most important element.......includes only The Tribes

National political consensus needed on the economic goal

Dr. Gene Leon, IMF Senior Resident Representative to Jamaica.
    The International Monetary Fund’s (IMF’s) Senior Resident Representative to Jamaica believes that political parties must work together to attain the economic goals of the country.

According to Dr Gene Leon, there is not much that can be done about external factors such as natural disasters, but political representatives have the power to achieve much more, when they work together.

“From the domestic side, I think there are things we can do. One in my opinion is some kind of national political consensus on the overall macro objectives that one is certain would be pursued irrespective of the government that is in play,” Dr. Leon said while speaking at RJR News Forum at the start of the weekend.

He also gave other guidelines he believes would help the economy in the long term.

“I think there should be very strong adherence to fiscal responsibility (and) there’s the doing business component which I clearly think (Jamaica) ranks too badly relative to other countries. You need to reduce uncertainty and provide the private sector with the means to actually to produce what is needed to fill this gap of the contraction on the Government side, which is a private sector led growth. That’s what is going to get Jamaica going forward,” Dr. Leon added.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007
Working...
X