No announcement yet.

Obama gets his way, Dems wise up to reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And me was as guilty as any during the campaign of dat. LOL.

But me learn that while I may or may not agree with what he does, one thing I know he is not doing anything without a whole lot of thought going into it.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

yup! that is fi true... and yes...me remember now that i called you "o ye of little faith" or "nerminous" or something like that ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

"Obama will campaign on a platform to raise some of the taxes like estate tax and over 250K income tax, the Repugs will campaign to keep them and they will LOSE that argument once the economy has improved enough. The 2 year extension was quite deliberate."

Not a must they will be playing soundbite of Obama saying taxcut for everybody is good for the economy. They will also label him a flip-flop as 2 weeks ago he was saying the tax cut for the wealthy is not good for the economy. And if the economy improve by a small margin how is he going to campaign to raise it then?

Goverment do spend but some of the things are worth it. Sometimes we listen the American right soundbites too much. Cut the excess and deal with other things that have to deal with. You don't cut social security because you want tax cut for the rich.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

you want the truth?

I am wondering if Obama is overthinking this thing. He volintarily gave a pay raise on all civil servant even before this tax cut. That should have been a part of the package. He has been selling liberal position short for nothing in return for republicans. While he is showing he is willing to negociate and deal with them, they are not even willing to meet with him. Their position was 100 tax free or nothing at all. Obama had to take it or leave it.

I am wondering if Obama has the guts to go in the trenches and call out the republicans. He hasn't done it yet and the few liberals I know are getting weary of giving up their positions. Obama have to realise that he campaigned hard on some of these positions and people supported it. Not to say he can't change but when you have unions, groups like Moveon.org and a lot more going on the line and buying his soundbites and then without even a slight notice change on them, they are going to get weary and will not be energise to go in the trenches.

They want to know you tried for them and don't want to feel like loser on every policy while Repubs are the ones smiling.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

time.... time a di mastah .... you probably overthinking..

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Try the extension on unemployment benefits (which is something that workers paid into and not a hand out).repulicans were gonna kill it next year. There is also tax cuts for low income americans and college students (ccredits in this case).

Comment

hear, hear I beg to second. Guess whose face the "help the rich" egg is left on?

Comment

i WANT him to have a difficult time so that he can show his true mettle!

like the above talk. FinallY! tell me about that Broken clock again

Comment

uh huh ... as i recall you did not hold out much hope obama would have won so spare me please.....

Comment

Working...
                    X