A wonder if a Canadian Duppy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A wonder if a Canadian Duppy

them a send come a Jamaica? Since man a say Bartlett a make up the numbers.

Jamaica-Canada flights increase 30 per cent
    Record 70 flights per week
    Jamaica Observer
    Friday, December 10, 2010

JAMAICA will see a record 70 flights per week coming from Canada this winter season, 30 per cent more than the same period last year.
    The increased flights will originate from major cities in Canada.
    “All indications are that we will have a very strong Winter season out of Canada and of course out of the United States, and indeed a strong Winter season overall for Jamaica,”
    said Minister of Tourism Edmund Bartlett, made the announcement in Toronto, Canada, yesterday, during the launch of the Jamaica Travel Jamboree, an incentive programme for Canadian travel agents.
    Bartlett said this augers well for the future growth of the industry because Jamaica will be seeing flights from provinces that before “were not actively driving outbound traffic to Jamaica.”
    Half the flights will be generated by WestJet, a Canadian carrier which started service to Jamaica in 2007.
    The minister said that there is a growing demand for the Jamaican product with no airline seats available out of Canada during the Christmas season and hotel rooms in Jamaica almost fully booked.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz17kXogNGy
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

You and the man dem on the forum nuh stop war over the tourism numbers LOL

Look like you land a decent punch with that one. Make me see if them going to counter you with a knockout

Comment

Your Mr Ed love affair continues...

The guy is a good promoter...fortunately for the country much heavy lifting in expanding the tourism capacity preceded Mr Ed ....which Jamaica finds relatively easy to leverage into a steady increase in business as your recent post has indicated...

It is anticipated that there will be a 50 per cent increase in cruise ship berthing capacity in Jamaica arising from the commissioning of the new Royal Caribbean Port of Call at Falmouth. This new port will be able to accommodate the biggest cruise ships in the world which can carry up to 6,000 passengers. The new Falmouth port will see the world’s largest cruise ship, the Oasis of the Sea and its sister ship that was launched last month, berthing in Jamaica, which means even more business for Dolphin Cove.
      It is also looking extremely well on the stop-over arrivals side with a 78 per cent increase in the room count on the island between 2000 and 2009. According to Stafford Burrowes, in 2009 there were 28,074 hotel rooms in Jamaica, almost half of which were built in the last 10 years as part of the “Spanish Invasion” (with the likes of Riu, Secrets, Fiesta, Bahia Principe and Iberostar).
      This huge room expansion allied heavy marketing by strong Spanish & other hotel groups & airport modernization/expansion & attraction development & modern roads improving access to resort areas.... these things are the fundamental basis for the growth in tourism... Mr Ed's recent energetic marketing work & your yapping notwithstanding...

Your idolatry of the fellow is mis-placed... but he's not doing a bad job.. creditable
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

decide your mind and stop play boaty. Is either the man doing a good job or not.

See them build new stadium a trelawny and St.Catherine and a goat a use it.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

suh is ongly Jamaica build hotel room and expand airport ??

all dem people under-performing is because dem nuh have hotel room, airport and road ?

The question is why our road and hotel expansion etc tek suh long and cost suh much !!!

Duh yuh tink doh.. juss know seh yuh nah fool nuhbaddy comrade !

lol !

Comment

do you understand the meaning of "creditable"?

seems you don't...

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

your usual crapola... signifying nothing

Comment

Inneresting!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

you talking??? Nobody spread rumours like you.

I am following the number out of PIOJ, JHTA and CTO. Where you get your credible numbers from?

It is the same format they used over the the last 30 years.

I am yet to see unnu prove Barlett wrong on any of his numbers.

Comment

what nonsense are you talking about??

the discussion for me is not about numbers... that's a fixation you have

I am assessing the industry and why it's relatively successful.... Bartlett is a mere spoke in that wheel.... but a creditable spoke

u can continue with your hagiography of Mr Ed though

Comment

mek tings did nevah suh kosher.. spoke tun engine..

lol !

Comment

your homage to di PNP feats of 'greatness' needs to be put in the proper context..

Comment

So what credibility are you talking about????

Isn't it the job of minister to tell us the numbers as he get them and what has been happening? Isn't it his job to sell Jamaican Tourism? and to work as hard as he can??

Did you hear the man say him build any hotel?? or he is the sole reason tourism is growing???

Unnu just nuh like the man because he is successful.

Tell me what exactly has Bartlett done to have no credibilty in Tourism.

Come on talk to me. The subject is Bartlett crediblity in Tourism.

Comment

All mi can seh.. good ting him is a Roast Breadfruit.. can imagine if him did Brown on di outside tuh ?!

Perish the thought !

Comment

LOL! No credibility? Who said that?

I believe you need to investigate the difference between creditable and credibility. After that you may see the light.

This is incredible!

Comment

Working...
                              X