Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucius gets PJ's support in N W St Ann

Lucius gets PJ's support in N W St Ann

RUNAWAY BAY, St Ann — Former police chief Lucius Thomas, the Opposition People's National Party (PNP) caretaker for North West St Ann, has received the backing of former Prime Minister P J Patterson.
    Patterson said he was endorsing Thomas as a suitable candidate to contest the next general election for the PNP because he has shown, on many occasions, that he stands for principle. He also spoke glowingly about Thomas' service to the police force, where he rose from constable to commissioner, through what he said was his honest hard work and manifestation of transparency.

"I want publicly to express my pleasure for endorsement of Lucius Thomas as a candidate for the People's National Party," Patterson told cheering party supporters and well-wishers during a fund raising dinner at Breezes Resort in Runaway Bay, St Ann Saturday night.
    Patterson said Thomas was also a welcome new face on the slate of candidates for the Opposition and that he represents a much needed mix with new ideas and fresh approach. At the same time, he urged Thomas to work hard in all parts of the constituency, particularly the valleys and bushes to bring back the seat which was once controlled by the PNP.
    The constituency is now represented in Parliament by Othniel Lawrence of the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP).
    "This constituency of North West St Ann is PNP territory and despite its loss in 2002, when we won the Government; I'm going to say tonight, if the PNP cannot recover North Western St Ann whenever the next elections are called the PNP cannot win the general election."
    Patterson challenged the PNP to begin the ground work to ensure that the party regains state power whenever the next general elections, which is constitutionally due in 2012, are called. He warned the comrades against complacency, adding that the governing JLP, despite their many woes, will not roll over and die, but will make a desperate effort to cling on to office.
    "There are those in the party, I hope they are few, who see the result of the next election has a foregone conclusion, I am not one of them," Patterson said. "People like DK (Duncan) and myself who have been responsible over the years for tracking the behaviour of Jamaican people, has reflected in the polls, know that between the cup and the lip, there can often be a slip."
    Patterson stayed clear of addressing any of the current issues facing the JLP, but told party supporters that the time had come for the PNP to relive the bar of national leadership, direction and service. He said while the PNP is entitled, as a political party, to capitalise on the many mistakes of the JLP, that alone will not be enough to regain power.
    "You have to take that further step and you will have to be able to convince the electorate that the PNP offers a better way of life for the people of Jamaica. To do so you have to begin by reminding people of our record of performance and I believe that the party itself has allowed people to slip into political amnesia," he said.
    Patterson challenged the PNP to begin offering a better alternative to the people. He said the party should begin to say, among other things, how it will improve production, living standard, create more efficient systems, ensure education and social services are improved and protect the most vulnerable, among other key issues.
    Patterson said the PNP have a responsibility to continue the mandate of the party, which he said, requires a desperate mix of going back to its well established basis. He also encouraged the party to continue building on its organisational structure as well as to become involved in an aggressive outreach programme.
    Meanwhile, Thomas reiterated that he was convinced that his decision to enter representational politics was the right decision. He said he was determined to continue working hard to help uplift the lives of the people of the constituency and bring them out of despair.
    Thomas said he was grateful for the support he has been receiving in the constituency and called on all the constituents to support him and work together to move the constituency forward.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz17LRO7Fex
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Mr Man ave more Gun, Cutliss, & Kitchen Bitch speaks
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
    X