12-05-10: Why Jamaica Using Foreign Cows To Make Beef Patti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-05-10: Why Jamaica Using Foreign Cows To Make Beef Patti

12-05-10: Why Jamaica Using Foreign Cows To Make Jamaican Beef Patty?

[IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/xeW8*hVptWLJUX7XvUkc9YRnP3698gvy3a1Turs6ECD4TEVfG1 56zV96iVC3uXiL5CJlRm8SYCAgHcPLXWuNQPLc37Vr0qQz/Jamaicabeefpatty.jpg[/IMG] Why Jamaica Using Foreign Cows To Make Jamaican Beef Patty?
    This is a serious question. What about Jamaican formers? what about Jamaican poultry? Why they don't use their beef?
    If this is true according to report we can now see why Jamaica having problem supporting their own farmers. News release since we that St. Lucia accepted Jamaica Beef Patty, one of the main reason the Beef Patty was rejected is because it was made with beef from the United States of America, my question is, what about the Jamaican beef, cows that feeds on green grass exercise by walking around in green pasture comparing to those foreign cows who eats Genetically Engineered Corn and stan in their waste all day.

Read the report from the Jamaica media below:
    Industry and Commerce Minister, Karl Samuda, has expressed disappointment at having to intervene once again to prevent Jamaican patties being denied entry into another Caribbean country.

While attending a trade meeting underway in Guyana, Samuda was informed that a shipment of Jamaican beef patties to St Lucia had been detained because of concerns regarding the use of beef from the United States of America.

The matter was resolved with the release of the patties into the St Lucian market following intense discussions with St Lucia’s Minister of Commerce, Industry and Consumer Affairs, Charlotte Mangal, and chief veterinary officers in both countries.

But Samuda said he is disappointed that this issue had resurfaced.

He states that the region needs to ensure that it is operating on the principles of mutual respect, pointing out that this is critical if CARICOM is to become one domestic space accessible to all regional producers.

Jamaican patties have been met with resistance in Trinidad and Tobago and Barbados in the past.

This is a serious question. What about Jamaican formers? what about Jamaican poultry? Why they don't use their beef?
    u might want to consider re-phrasing
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I should have check my pasting, anyhow how is your herd doing?

Comment

hehe...the herd is feedin in the paster,,,
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

dem ah gwaan chew dem cud
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Brethren we imported so much beef that it didn't pay to grow cow. We imported so much milk powder that farmers were dashing away milk.

When mi a lick out unnu think a anti something but a just mad mi mad at the madness that is going on. We can't produce nothing if we import every stale, no good quality and inferior goods.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

When local farmers began to throw away milk bout over ten years ago it was a horrible time for our agricultural sector.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                Brethren we imported so much beef that it didn't pay to grow cow. We imported so much milk powder that farmers were dashing away milk.
                it would help if you cited the reason... better yet, what caused this situation in the first place...
                'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

What cause the situation is bad government policies. Others will seek to dump their goods on us but we have to stand up.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                  X