X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reprobate Vaz Slapped in the Face by fellow Tribalists

... clearly he didn't digest the Hard Talk Interview

Aundre Franklin cops JLP General Secretary post

The Jamaica Labour Party is still digesting the shock win of Aundre Franklin who emerged as the party's new General Secretary after internal elections today.

Information Minister Daryl Vaz who was widely seen as the favourite lost badly to Franklin.

More than a hundred and 60 delegates gathered this afternoon to make their picks for various positions in the ruling Jamaica Labour Party.

After four hours of voting and counting....Chief Electoral Officer and State Minister in the Ministry of Finance, Senator Arthur Williams named the winners.

Dr. Charlton Collie came in third place with four votes.......Daryl Vaz with 55 and Senator Aundre Franklin emerged as the winner amassing 89 votes.

Supporters then jumped to their feet in support of Senator Franklin.

Meanwhile, a clearly disappointed Daryl Vaz walked over and congratulated his opponent.

The Deputy General Secretary race was also keenly contested.

Senator Warren Newby came out on top with 105 votes.

The other three Deputy General Secretaries are Joel Williams who was returned to the post with 89 votes, Dr Sandra Nesbeth receiving 75 and Senator Ian Murray with 72 votes.

Senator Dennis Meadows lost his position as Deputy General Secretary, while Councillor Delroy Williams and Member of Parliament St Aubyn Bartlett also failed in their bid for the post.

Candidates for the posts of Chairman, Deputy Chairman and Deputy Treasurer were confirmed - with Mike Henry, Bobby Montaque and Gregory Mair the sole nominees.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

A Dark Day for Brown Man Time

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

yuh a show off now!

heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Is for all of Vaz reputed great organisational skills...Karl Samuda's, Franklyn's mentor, is greater?

Aside: Mark Wignall 'laughed' at Franklyn's chances and
        Karl Samuda's role in providing open support.

When you take in Mark's words...they were saying, 'Cannot happen! Franklyn has not a chance in hell'!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Roast Breadfruit Man Time !

Comment

heh heh..

... not dat mi kno nutten bout dis Franklyn guy.... but his (lack of a known) criminal record is Immaculate

Comment

democracy at work?

Comment

so wait, blackman can win inna the JLP too? Mi think a pure brown man, mi think the blackman dem belong to the PNP.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Good sign! Good development!

Seriously speaking, Vaz' defeat may be a hint that even labourites can begin to reject criminality, boorish behaviour, uncouth souls, foul-mouthed individuals, arrogant brats and the rest of it.

There may yet be hope for Jamaica. Reject Gelding and unnu have my vote!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

There is something unnu fail to realise and that is if people demand accountability the parties and Jamaica can only be better for it. PERIOD.

There is no good and no bad party, they all have elements of good and bad and if voters demand it there is no choice.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

more like "new broom sweep clean but old broom know di corna dem"

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

er...'sass ... not quite so simplistic. in fact THEY have set the tone for where we are, not the people. this came from top down.

not sure i have seen enough signs of the masses calling for accoutnability. it is still party line. if the arty wants to change it will change, NOT because the people are clamouring for it! is not di PEOPLE put seaga out to pasture!

pj smart, him leave on him own terms!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

yeah but if the party a ask fi accountablitiy and the people nuh want it they will simply be out of office.

PJ was under no pressure, was he? Right now the JLP is responding to public pressure on many front and the call for accountability.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                            so wait, blackman can win inna the JLP too? Mi think a pure brown man, mi think the blackman dem belong to the PNP.
                            Roast Breadfruit Time .... Planted by Labour!!

Comment

at least somebody plant.

Comment

Working...
                              X