Garveyite running against Shahine Robinson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garveyite running against Shahine Robinson

Leader of the governing Jamaica Labour Party and Prime Minister Bruce Golding led a throng of supporters who joined Shahine Robinson when she was nominated to contest the December 20 by-election in North East St. Ann Friday afternoon.
    Mrs. Robinson was elected as Member of Parliament for the constituency in the September 2007 General Election but was ousted from the House of Representatives when it was revealed that she was also an American citizen at the time of her nomination.
    It had been anticipated that the she would have been the only contender for the North East St. Ann polls after the main Opposition People's National Party as well as the National Democratic Movement and the New Nation Coalition announced that they will not be fielding candidates for the by-election.
    However, St. Ann journalist and Garveyite Devon Evans is contrstign the poll.
    He was nominated about 1.30 Friday afternoon.
    Mr. Evans is running on the Marcus Garvey People's Progressive Party ticket.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Wait .. Devon was still around?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

You know him?

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
        You know him?
        Yes!

Comment

Gwaan Devon. Now thats a veteran journalist fi true. I remember he and I covering events and news stories back in the 80s. Good yute. Hope the Ras get nuff vote.

Comment

what was the pnp's reason for not contesting the election?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

the matter is in court.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

them want it handed to them or wait till March.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

wan't thrown out?
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

if it is still in court how come by election date and all that has been set?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Everybody knows Devon..hopes he gets more votes than the other rasta, Mosiah you going to help him campaign?
                      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

By-election in NE St. Ann will go ahead

Shahine Robinson, former North East St. Ann MP.

Shahine Robinson, ousted Member of Parliament (MP) for North East St. Ann, is ready for the upcoming by-election in the constituency.
                        This is after the Appeal court on Thursday refused an application by lawyers representing Manley Bowen, former MP for North East St. Ann for an order to block the by-election.
                        The development is part of the ongoing legal maneuvering since former Mrs. Robinson was ousted due to her dual citizenship.
                        President of the Appeal Court Justice Seymour Panton was biting in his comments while handing down his ruling Thursday morning.
                        Justice Seymour Panton said the application by Mr. Bowen and his attorneys to stop the by-election and nomination exercise was wholly misconceived.
                        Vexatious application
                        He said the application for a restraining order was entirely off the mark and without any merit.
                        Justice Panton argued that it was unfortunate that the court's time has been taken up with what he described as a frivolous, if not vexatious, application.
                        According to Justice Panton, the courts in Jamaica have to cope with a high volume of cases so litigants and their attorneys should be very careful not to abuse the court process.
                        He said this is what has been done by Mr. Bowen and his attorneys in their application.
                        Against this background he rejected the application giving the go ahead for the by-election set for December 20 and nomination set for Friday, December 3.
                        Shahine ready to be duly nominated
                        Nesta Clair Smith Hunter, the attorney for Mrs. Robinson said her client will be duly nominated Friday for the by-election.
                        "Mrs. Robinson has instructed me and I have accepted, that she has renounced her citizenship to the United States and this was done on September 23, 2010. She is therefore in a position to be duly nominated tomorrow," she said.
                        And Mrs. Smith Hunter said she is in total agreement with the court’s ruling.
                        "I have read the decision of Justice Panton and I’m in total agreement with the decision that this application by Manley Bowen is vexatious, zealous and an abuse of the process of the court in an attempt to prevent the people of North East St. Ann from exercising their franchise to vote for a candidate of their choice," she declared.

falla Mosiah.

Comment

Comments on Gelding's latest political corruption exercise

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/glean...ad/lead1b.html

Showing 31 Comments
                          Sort by Subscribe by email Subscribe by RSS

Larryfowlf 4 hours ago
                          this is a joke, only in Jamaica that someone can knowning lie to the country and still be the a MP. if this was Uncle Sam thier would surely sent you to jail for lying to the state.
                          Synenergy and 16 more liked this Like Reply

JA Cynic 6 hours ago
                          The PM obviously thinks he is being cute. This episode is a blot on our Parliamentary history costing much time,resources and effort.The taxpayers are having to bear a substantial part of the cost of this political mis-adventure,
                          The very least the PM must do is have the revocation notice published in the local printed media.This is now not a private matter but has been a very public one.
                          Transparency demands nothing less.Accountability demands much more.
                          JA Cynic
                          viewer123 and 19 more liked this Like Reply

Winston 4 hours ago
                          Bruce and his merry band of bandits! Shahine without a doubt needs to make that document public. The dishonesty is not costing bruce,it is costing the overburdened Jamaican taxpayers. Such arrogance is nauseating!!!!
                          Synenergy and 15 more liked this Like Reply

dranks 3 hours ago
                          The audaucity of this government thumbing their nose at the Jamaican Parliament, the Jamaican people and the Constitution of Jamaica; Shahine Robinson should never have been nominated again after blatantly misleading the above about her citizenship status. But what else should Jamaicans expect from a sytem that is dysfunctional at best and corrupted at worst? And all of this is perputated by and abetted by the leadership of the party, the very person who is chief guardian of said constitution, but does he reguard it in anyway that is commendable? I for one doubt it, and I suspect that I am not alone.
                          Synenergy and 12 more liked this Like Reply

THEDKJ 6 hours ago
                          Does Bruce Golding and his band of misfits have any shame?, do they know what decency is?, I don't think so.

Without shame, they have lost respect; without respect for themselves they have no respect other.

This newspaper censored comments when the trueth dosn't please them.

The behaviour of these people causes a sickening felling in one's stomach to see and here the people that get up and passes themselves off as honourable men and women action is no better than swines.

And to the people who are members of this party should hang down thir head in shame; people is this you want to be a goverment?.

It was censored when previously I had stated that everywhere Bruce goes, there is a bad odour following him, look at all the filth that this man drags around with him.
                          Synenergy and 21 more liked this Like Reply

pablo 6 hours ago
                          "Go to him for the answers" ?
                          Not if you wanted a truthful answer on any subject.
                          This leader of his band of thugs is so arrogant it's unbelievable.
                          Synenergy and 20 more liked this Like Reply

Synenergy 1 hour ago in reply to pablo
                          What I don't understand is why we should go to him for proof that Shahine denounced her US citizenship, why is it shahine can't provides the proof herself to the people of this country and the courts?
                          Like Reply

Albert Johnson 6 hours ago
                          I find it ridiculous that this woman who lied to the the people and illegally obtained her MP status, is now being nominated and will be voted for by those same people. How can you break the constitution like that and not be punished? This 'part-time-Jamaican, as all who others who break our laws should never be allowed such representation again
                          Synenergy and 20 more liked this Like Reply

Evil 5 hours ago
                          The faces of corruption. Do you need anymore proof that Bruce is a dishonorable man? Look at the people in his circle.
                          Synenergy and 15 more liked this Like Reply

Draycry 6 hours ago
                          Your word is worth 0 Bruce... No need to come to you for answers. Get over yourself.. Shahine needs to produce the official documents. I am still concerned as to her committment as she took the oath to the USA as sitting MP.
                          Synenergy and 17 more liked this Like Reply

Pink Panther 3 hours ago
                          "Who are those persons? Ask them to get in touch with me, I'll show it to them. If they get in touch with me, I'll let them have a look at it," Golding said yesterday.

There is no doubt in my mind how ordinary the PM is. He sang a song of difference after returning to the JLP and taking up the Leadership of the Party. Here we have this spectacle with Shahine Robinson, the PM and again his entourage. It is very unlikely those below will ever feel the need to question their own moral obligation to the citizens of Jamaica, they follow their Leadership, and he surely leads by example.

His MInisters will continue on the path they are at the expense of the Jamaican people, as their Leader is no better. 'Follow the Leader', is their theme song.
                          Synenergy and 8 more liked this Like Reply

Jaz 4 hours ago
                          I understand that every political party has their own colours but it is high time that Jamaican politicians stop encouraging political tribalism by wear the green or orange every where they go. Especially, when so many people have been murdered because of senseless political tribalism. It is time for us as a people to hold our politicians responsible for their actions. We are not a nation of PNP and JLP, we are simply people loving Jamaicans.
                          mwhip and 6 more liked this Like Reply

Honor2 1 hour ago in reply to Jaz
                          If the JLP did really and truly respect the citizens of North East St Ann and Jamaica, and was really serious about decency integrety and perception no way would they no way would they go into the political recycle bin, and take out the same old dishonorable potological lier to represent them and the people of NE East St Ann, then again, are the the other representatives in the JLP from the PM down any different from this peice of lieing thrash, the representatives of the JLP appears to be a bunch of arrogant missfits,who do not care one thing of what is been done or said as long as they hold on to power, they must think of themselves as Kings and Queens over the people, but take my word at the right time your kingdom will come down and for a very long time you or your party will never get a chance to govern this country again because of your arrogance and contempt, mark my words .
                          North East St Ann now that you get the chance again,
                          you have it in your power once more to decide if you want a arrogant, dishonorable lier and a crimminal to represent you are a person with dignity and honor of whom NE St Ann and Jamaica can be proud.NE St Ann you decide, because I believe I hear it said before that if you lie with dogs you will surely rise with fleas.
                          Like Reply

Vomit Government 5 hours ago
                          You try to drink away the sorrows of what has happened to the country in the past 3 years and what to the JLP do? Raise tax on the liquor. EXCEPT for hotels. Cowards. You don't want a spanking like what Bartlett got?
                          Synenergy and 7 more liked this Like Reply

Neutral Justice 3 hours ago
                          Jamaicans no shupid, there are something fishy and obviously dangerous here, someone is taking the poilce for a ride, and since the PM does not know bread from bulla, accepts in public the nastiness of lies again. This document SHOULD BE MADE PUBLIC. I WILL TAKE UP HIS BLUFF. I WILL GO TO JAMAICA HOUSE IN TIME AND REQUEST THIS PUBLIC DOCUMENT. When will this farce ends. It seems like obeah a work pon the JLP. When you thief an election all sorts of things began to show up why you should not govern. No matter where you turn mackka jook you. Something no right, PNP no betta either.
                          4 people liked this. Like Reply

Seagaites 4 hours ago
                          Congrats to both nominees, both born in St. Ann, Jamaica, Ms. Shahine Robinson of JLP and Ras Devon Evans of People Political Party, PPP!

Incident free like it usually is in St. Ann, civilized folks.

The truth Ms. Shahine Robinson, did not need Golding krews paprading with, we feel PM should let Minister Robertson, stay low profile until matters `which are determined by the PM himself ` to be very disturbing` are cleared up.

Just Mr. Montague, Shaw, Pearnel, Chuck , Henry and so forth can make a pass thru, for JLP well organize there and people need their MP, who defeated PNP with Mr. Patteron there campaigning daily and NDM with the former NDM Leader campaigning daily in 2001.

Ms. Robinson is the second JLP MP in that constituency, only Bobby Marsh in 1980 and 1983.

NE St. Ann had many commendable PNP MPs, first Dr. Lloyd was MP for all of St. Ann, we have Vivian Blake, Wills` O Issacs, Ms. Hazel Hamilton, Mr. Vinroy Brown and Mr. Manley Bowen who was not so good plus Danny Melville who resigned aft short stinct, saying he not `celebrating PNP mediocracy.`

Ras Devon Evans is well known veteran journalist and conscious one from wayback when and do represents a noble tradition, in choosing PPP, that formed by Marcus Garvey of St. Ann, in 1929, Jamaica first mass political party and KSAC seat in 1929, for which he was jail too, hard road to travel, mighty long way to but jah jah the blessed saviour, lead on the way we know, good effort, Selassie i, Jesus Christ we are nice and Garvey philosophy.

Garvey was friends with Busta. St. William Grant and was named first National hero during JLP 1960 administration, in 1965 by Seaga, thus it is rich in history!
                          5 people liked this. Like Reply

Mass Rupert 11 hours ago
                          In some coming days, not too far away, when these green dressed choristers and acolytes of Bruce Golding shall have finished their work of dismantling Jamaica; when Portia shall have brought in her hordes and wrecking pachyderms in orange shirts; when there will be no soldiers lett at Up Park Camp to contain the marauding savages that the new space will breed; when Jamaica will be spoken of as the place that once was; Wilt thou, dear Lord. remember thy people and thy lowly servant, Rupert, who, seeing the wretchedness of the administration, the liars and empty suits, had longed warned of this day, but thy people would not listen.
                          mwhip and 10 more liked this Like Reply

Nichenry88 5 hours ago
                          I can hear it ringing in my ears, this early in the morning. Many bloggers will come on this blog with their partisan comment written, go to Bruce! how can anyone trust Bruce. My nonpartisan comment is, can anyone trust any politician, especially the ones in Jamaica where there are very very limited checks and balances, and what history have on many of them. Evil and deception is in all of us because of sin. I would more likely trust the person that's caught red handed with his/her hands in the cookie jar, and is now being scrutinized with eagle eyes. The JLP is being wached on every step, while the PNP is sitting and claiming sainthood, waiting in the wings for the next election. The question is, are they any better? Bloggers stop continuing more of the same and is expecting your results to be different. all of them that's pointing fingers are responsible for bringing JA to it's knees. The dual citizenship is just a smoke screen to distract the people from the 18yrs of PNP rule. That's how politicians behave, they are very tricky. For once be neutral. Pls Google "Heather Robinson Jamaica" and read for yourself, you will also find much information if you use the gleaner search pages. Pls read and come back with you comments I beg you. Stop being born PNP and JLP.
                          mwhip and 4 more liked this Like Reply

gleanerdebbian 4 hours ago in reply to Nichenry88
                          There's one objective reader. I agree with you 100%. All the sentiments that have been expressed are 80% politically driven.
                          1 person liked this. Like Reply

Nichenry88 3 hours ago in reply to gleanerdebbian
                          That's the problem with many jamaicans. You continue more of the same and expect your results to be different. I have no vote in Ja, I left JA at the age of 9, 31yrs ago. My opinion is shaped from what I see when I visit JA, read in the print media and hear on the radio. I'm not born PNP or JLP, maybe that's the way you are. That's make it impossible for you to believe one can be objective. Peace be with you my friend, you're entitled to your opinion anyway.
                          1 person liked this. Like Reply

Evil 57 minutes ago in reply to Nichenry88
                          I voted for Bruce and now believe he should be kick out of office. He is a dishonorable man.
                          Like Reply

Maude Cooper 3 hours ago in reply to Nichenry88
                          As Mr. T from the Jamaican comedy would say, "I am behind you all the way on this one." And here's to you, Mrs. Robinson!!
                          Like Reply

guest ja for life 5 hours ago
                          THis is the change the people of ja asked for!! I hope by now these people
                          eyes are open!! he who fight for power knows not the hour..were is our
                          Pride man kind? god is love.
                          3 people liked this. Like Reply

jumpy1 3 hours ago
                          All of this points to the fact that no mattter how egregious the actions of the woman, she, seemingly ,remains overwhelmingly popular in the community she represented (and is set to again represent). Notwithstanding the fact that a sitting Member of Parliament, fully acquanited with the constitution and law of the land, made the choice to arrogantly flout these underpinnings of the social partnership that allows the existence of a nation,and citizens are lining up to welcome her back with open arms. The statement being made is a classic example of myopia and a harbinger of more woes to come.
                          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Bwoy.. di comrades dem bittah !

What ah stress is Drivah win di next election.. nightmare naah cut it..dem muss revolt or attempt a coup !

lol !!

Comment

They have lost enough of them already
                              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X