LNG project taken out of Robertson’s hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LNG project taken out of Robertson’s hands

There has been a major shake-up in the management of Jamaica's multi-billion dollar Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) project.
    Our news centre has been informed that responsibility for the country's transition to LNG has been removed from the Energy Minister's portfolio.
    Sources say this is effective immediately.
    The LNG Project, which is crucial to the much touted Energy Policy, will now be managed by Prime Minister Bruce Golding.
    The Steering Committee, which previously guided the project, has been disbanded and a new one is being constituted.
    Highly placed sources in the Government say the Prime Minister summoned Energy Minister James Robertson to a meeting on Wednesday afternoon where he was informed of the shake-up.
    RJR News understands that the gas project has been dogged by several problems and there were concerns about its progress.
    Sources say in the meeting with Mr. Robertson, the Prime Minister expressed his disappointment and outlined details of the overhaul.
    A submission will be made to Cabinet on Monday detailing the changes.
    Our news centre tried unsuccessfully to contact the Energy Minister for a comment.
    The decision to introduce LNG into the local energy market was first made in the 1990's by the PJ Patterson-led administration.
    LNG, because of its cleaner burning and low price in comparison to oil, is increasingly being promoted worldwide for generating electricity.
    In June, Jamaica's LNG project moved a step closer with the announcement of the preferred bidder for the construction of a Floating Storage Regasification facility.
    A consortium comprising Belgian firm Exmar, Colombian gas distribution company, Promigas and local consultants Caribbean LNG Jamaica Limited was selected to implement the project.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

He was on nationwide this morning dodging and weaving...at first I thought he said it was not true...then he said that he himself said in a speech months ago it would be "shifting" so that the PM could have an oversight blah blah blah...and politician talk from den on...dem ask him bought di man he brought onstage at the conference who is a murder suspect who has not reported for station bail once since mandated in August...he said he would not address reckless allegations he was here to talk about the LNG...the host told him these are not about Ian Johnson's allegations this is about the guy he himself took up on stage...Robertson muttered under his breath that he didn't know about the murder charge then politician speech kicked in till the end of the interview...

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
      He was on nationwide this morning dodging and weaving...at first I thought he said it was not true...then he said that he himself said in a speech months ago it would be "shifting" so that the PM could have an oversight blah blah blah...and politician talk from den on...dem ask him bought di man he brought onstage at the conference who is a murder suspect who has not reported for station bail once since mandated in August...he said he would not address reckless allegations he was here to talk about the LNG...the host told him these are not about Ian Johnson's allegations this is about the guy he himself took up on stage...Robertson muttered under his breath that he didn't know about the murder charge then politician speech kicked in till the end of the interview...
      Man, due to the time change I miss the program in the mornings. Curses.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

him did keep him cool?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yeah man...he feigned some outrage at them not calling his cellphone before airing reckless allegations...but other than that he was alright...

Comment

wha....darryl can larn sup'm fram james!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

what? How not to do LNG?
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Bruce nah ramp. Him nuh fraid fi demote and take way thing from him ministers at all.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Could someone check if Ben is OK please.

Comment

i think he should be relieved of all ministerial responsibility... too many negative questions surround him...
                    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

him dont intend to leave, anything goes

Comment

Not when you're part of a Crime Syndicate...all those questions about Robertson fit right into the Crime Syndicate DNA... no problem there
                        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I am fine..

Mi would be even finer if dem move some oddah tings under di PM like... certain types of renewable energy..

Comment

tru dat...den im wudda fine im true niche...hot air & natural gas..

ole fart
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
                              i think he should be relieved of all ministerial responsibility... too many negative questions surround him...
                              PM:" Ben, you are hereby releived of all responsibilities. Too many negative questions etc. Thank you for serving us so well."

Comment

Working...
                              X