X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Williams uses his Wizzy & Weed to find Cancer Cure

Jamaican scientist lands blow in cancer fight
    Published: Thursday | December 2, 2010

A Jamaican scientist is being celebrated on the international stage for finding an effective treatment for some types of cancer.

Dr Lawrence Williams, a research scientist at the Scientific Research Council (SRC), has been awarded an international patent on a compound isolated from the Guinea Hen Weed as a protein complex of dibenzyl trisulphide.

The SRC said the protein complex has the ability to kill a wide range of cancers.

The Jamaican's discovery has the potential to fight various kinds of cancers, a few of which are: melanoma, lung cancer and breast cancer. The molecule also has implications for the treatment of ageing diseases.

The SRC noted that, with more than 13 years dedicated to this research, Williams has revealed that the complex is superior in killing cancer cells relative to the pure compound found in the Guinea Hen Weed-dibenzyl trisulphide.

"This remarkable breakthrough comes at a time when the world is crippled by the effects of cancer, as it is one of the leading killers globally," the SRC asserted.

The SRC said it joined the remainder of the international medical fraternity in celebrating the scientific breakthrough.

"This is good news for Jamaica, given its ability to contribute to health, longevity and as a major foreign exchange earner. Williams' discovery could change the face of medicine as we now know it," the SRC declared.

Williams said that the next stage is conducting clinical trials of the compound and the development of a pharmaceutical agent.

The SRC, one of Jamaica's chief proponents of scientific research and development, commended its team member on his "outstanding contribution to science".

Rights to the patent are shared with Dr George Levy, a Jamaica-born medical doctor living in the United States.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ead/lead4.html
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Watch yah ah wi again, den ah how dem seh wi backwod, den again ah foreign him get him edimication suh ebryting criss. Cure di aging disease, nuff dollahs wi mek yah suh, watch wi inna news again big time. Big up doc!!

Comment

Very good!!

I take it that some well established agency or pharmaceutical company is on board to do the clinicals.

Hope this new active is effective to the point of significantly reducing the clinical trials.

Some clinical trials can last up to 10 years or more.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
        Very good!!

I take it that some well established agency or pharmaceutical company is on board to do the clinicals.

Hope this new active is effective to the point of significantly reducing the clinical trials.

Some clinical trials can last up to 10 years or more.
        Willi can advise.. i think

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Don1, I got this formula on my last visit to JA, at the foot of Dolphin Head Mt, "Guinea Hen Weed, Annatto leaf & Guava leaf" I was told it was the cure for cancer, matter of fact my cousin picked the Guinea Hen Weed right off the roadside bank at Medley.

They also so said for gas problem, dog tounge weed is the best. Then again Dolphin Head have some serious stuff, I was suppose to take a photo of the Raw Moon tree, which I believe is what they call Bob Wandie in T&T.

Comment

Originally posted by TDowl View Post
            Don1, I got this formula on my last visit to JA, at the foot of Dolphin Head Mt, "Guinea Hen Weed, Annatto leaf & Guava leaf" I was told it was the cure for cancer, matter of fact my cousin picked the Guinea Hen Weed right off the roadside bank at Medley.

They also so said for gas problem, dog tounge weed is the best. Then again Dolphin Head have some serious stuff, I was suppose to take a photo of the Raw Moon tree, which I believe is what they call Bob Wandie in T&T.
            Nice!! Yuh fi mek dem amend di patent filing accordingly..

Duh mi one favour.... guh up inna di hills an try fine sumpen fi Foul Mout...
            Dem ave one ar two likkle man on yah whey need di cure fi dat

It wuss dan cancer

Comment

Bois bande - a hear it will keep you up...for a long time. Stay away!

Comment

is that world class? hmm i wonder!?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Mi know yuh try it, say it, LOL, did you have your Ice pack nearby? Scamp yuh.

Bois bande and Raw Moon the same Boss?

Comment

I will check, but there is this fruit from Asia, looks like Jackfruit, very hard and prickley, if dem mouth more foul than the fruit, we need to go in the LNG business.

Comment

LOL!

Comment

Not an expert on these matters at all. Talk to Gamma or Mosiah.

Comment

when you do need it, doan aks mi nutten!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Long time to wait...

Comment

Working...
                            X