No announcement yet.

"76 fewer murders........................."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok 'ssasin if a man get stab wid a knife...right down to the hangle-- that's a very bad thing. The man who get stab gwine bawl....

Now if the stabber decide fe pull out the knife half way...you expeck the stabee fe jump-pup-an-down...feelin' glad say the knife iz juss half way inna him....so everything coposetck.....

darn....a feeel brilliant sah...
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

At the Intellectual Ghetto of Mona dem did teach me say that is what you call a Faulty Analogy.

In your example, the end result is the same. In the case of the reduced murders figures, it is not.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

mek him gwaan. We talking bout real life getting saved. We need to encourage less crime and better policing to get the numbers further down.

I remember people even on this forum stating crime can't reduce in the short term. but because I saw what happen in NY and a little town called Spring Valley where I live I know it can. Give respect to the police for everyone they reduce as when it turn around we cuss them.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
          Ok 'ssasin if a man get stab wid a knife...right down to the hangle-- that's a very bad thing. The man who get stab gwine bawl....

Now if the stabber decide fe pull out the knife half way...you expeck the stabee fe jump-pup-an-down...feelin' glad say the knife iz juss half way inna him....so everything coposetck.....

darn....a feeel brilliant sah...
          See .. here is a reason for marijuana to remain illegal.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

You are right Islandman....

hmmmm...."end result being the same...".

What if i say pulling the knife out half way represent 50%...therefore like the murder figures--measurable!
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I think she was targetted. just a hunch, but she loved T&T more than Trinis love their own land... which is the irony of it all; she is a fantastic footballer, (played on on women's pro team in Iceland) and better than most males I've played with; she decided to spend a year in T&T doing the rest of her master's online and... this has me really broken up. The laptop I now use was hers... gave it to me when mine was stolen back in April... real sheg up situation...

My two daughters will be here for Christmas... it makes me re-think if I even want them to come "home" for Christmas. Gents and ladies, this has me really shaken, more than many of you would or could realize...
              Peter R

Comment

sorry to hear sa. Just keep the faith and be strong for her.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Thanks bredrin. She has left the country and gone back to Canada so she is relatively safe; but life has no guarantees...my older daughter lives and studies in Rochester and I worry for her given that I know where she lives; she has to walk through a parking lot, that is very lonely with many nooks and crannies where sickkos (not our poster bredrin )could hide out, to get to her building.

Anyway, my wife and i have advised her to move when the lease is up, which will happen... in the interim we just have to hope and pray she will be protected.
                  Peter R

Comment

Boy I understand mi brethren. A few years ago in upstate NY a bwoy just walk into mi wife former hairdresser and just shoot her right in front of her customers, not a word was exchanged.

It might be a little ruffer in Ja but last year one night a van park in my driveway and I called the cops. they came and search the van and found two guns and a bredda a sleep. He said he drop off his kids to his xwife and wanted to take a rest. He said he didn't realise the house was occcupied. Them check out the story and it was true but it just goes to show how safe we are.

I just hope your kids will be safe.

Comment

Sass dat bredda must did deh pon crack or supmn. Drive up inna driveway WITH GUNS in the car and tek a sleep, but a wha di.......?

Give thanks it never turn out in another way.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

bwoy mi tell you it nuh easy at all. The police them just tell him fi gwaan. The man had a rifle that the police say was licensed. It just goes to show.

Comment

if being right is overrated, being wrong can never be underrated!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

if being right is overrated... dat mean seh if underrated dem must be wrong... nuh suh de logic guh pawdie... memba seh, i sit at your feet a wait fe de knowledge fi drop...
                            'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

ef mi coulda falla yuh mi woulda ansa!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

nuh watch nutten... it nuh worth de time... mi still a learn....
                                'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Working...
                                X