Putting out a distress call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting out a distress call

Is there anyone out there that can help Don1 understand how 'average income' in Jamaica has increased while GDP has trended down ?

I have given up trying to educate the fellow. I must abide by age old advice:

“He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him

Don1.. consider this an official SHUN.

ok boss...

now what's the definition of GNI??
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Your inbox full..deal wid if before yuh start on yuh outbox..

Comment

You sense a trap? Don't fret...

Let me help...here's a definition:

Gross national income (GNI) comprises the total value produced within a country (i.e. its gross domestic product), together with its income received from other countries (notably interest and dividends), less similar payments made to other countries.[1]

The GNI consists of: the personal consumption expenditures, the gross private investment, the government consumption expenditures, the net income from assets abroad (net income receipts), and the gross exports of goods and services, after deducting two components: the gross imports of goods and services, and the indirect business taxes. The GNI is similar to the gross national product (GNP), except that in measuring the GNP one does not deduct the indirect business taxes.

any issues with this definition?? as I told you earlier in macro-economics income = output/production...right?
        Last edited by Don1; November 15, 2010, 11:37 AM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Looks like yuh gawn backward bredrin..

wi pass di stage long time in your education.. don't tell me seh is here yuh stuck ?

Well.. at least yuh pass di GDP stage.

Are you well ?

Deal wid yuh INBOX.. is nuff more information deh, deh fi yuh to study before yuh ready fi mek pronouncements..

Comment

I take that to mean you agree with the definition...so

between 2007 - 2010 Jamaica has experienced a 20% rise in GNI ... or in other words a 20% increase in what is essentially GNP... which means approx 6.5% annual growth..correct?
            Last edited by Don1; November 15, 2010, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Dem seh 20% in average income...

Yuh need to firm up how you unnastan dat.. yuh move from GDP to GNI.. you have a bit further to go however..

How yuh so slow bredrin ?

Comment

average or per capita increase equates to an overall national increase...yes or no?

Comment

mi tink yuh pon di wrong approach..yuh gwine crash..

My repeated advise to you is try to debunk the average income number calculations provided for in 2007 and 2010.

Dem tell yuh what method dem use.. tek di inputs and run di method and si what yuh come up wid..

If yuh cyaan debunk di 2007 and 2010 figures based on Atlas GNI ebryting else is a waste of time.. GNI is as defined.. Atlas method is as defined.. dem nah change..

Comment

Bwoy I have to admit that I am a bit confused. The only way, at least in my simpistic way of thinking, that average income can increase while GDP is trending downward is if there is a fairly high decrease in the number of people involved in economic activity, eihther through death or migration, while at the same time the incomes of those left behind are increasing and this while the value of total goods and services being produced is decreasing at at slower rate that the average income is rising. I think in most normal circumstances that would be next to impossible, except for a very unusual case like maybe Monsterrat, which tecnically does not exist as a country anymore. I am willing to learn Maudib.

Comment

does average income increase equate to an increase in overall national income?

It's a simple question...please answer

Comment

I glad you are.. and so is the UN and the World Bank.

All I am doing is passing on wheh mi read. (mi ah nuh heconomist)

I think a good place to start would be examining all the inputs to GNI.

Comment

mi tell yuh ahready.. when yuh clear yuh inbox.. yuh can get to make requests.

Stap waste big people time.

Comment

yuh seeit bredrin...

one more possibility is IF there is a curve applied to the data...and the curve skews the actual results...this is clearly what happened...in this case the curve is called the "Atlas Method"...which can be useful but has the fault of being susceptible to wild swings in exchange rates....

Otherwise...Jamaica has been experiencing a BOOM...6.5% annual growth in the recession! LOL

One Turd deserves the Nobel Prize in economics

Comment

I see you find the question too complicated...or better yet...compromising

is it that a truthful answer would undermine your position?

I understand the reluctance...wait...I hear a distress call...summoning u

GAME--SET--MATCH--DUN

Selah

Comment

Working...
                              X