Clear All

is suh far yuh gone ??

Trini and Bajan have us weak !

lol !

Comment

Tru dat!

Comment

Again true.

Jamaica does not know what it has and what it dash weh!

Comment

Nuff times England/Europe/Asia have better tech, but Jakans brainwashed to think everything American is better.

Comment

jus hype

Comment

wid what

Comment

LOL how do you forget so easy? The same one that has me going for a day to day meal

Quote: "wonders never cease".

Comment

My initial argument was for the need of more math and computer science majors (to target the SERVICE INDUSTRY). I was informed that Ja has enough in the manufacuring sector. I said fine but Ja seems to heed the call for more pilots.

BTW majority of countries around the world are bolstering and increasing math and computer science majors (the same way they are adopting the english language) Ja seem to to want to head in a different direction. Hey who am I to tell you what to do. Joshua gave the island one of the greatest gifts known to man and it was turned down. So, again who am i to say...

Comment

Iman when was this? i always posted that UWI has a top notch IT dept, but not diffused across the island. Does corporate JA fund computer science research at UWI or CAST? (or even math research?).

I won't go into it now because you guys are mad at me because I did not speak well of your blessed China What if I promise to speak favourably going forward? Nah , rather stick with the facts.

Comment

Jamaica is short of an educated and skilled labour force across the board. I would not argue that.

BUT that does not mean that the skilled workforce that we do have are all incompetent and/or inferior in quality to what is available elsewhere. I hope you can appreciate the difference.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I can appreciate the difference but how much of a depth in quality do we have among the "few"? The answer will surface when cuba opens up. Speaking of Cuba let's jump to that thought: Because Cuba has a controlled economy (also to to size of land and population) it's easy to see that they (Castro regime) is setting the stage to enter the global market (on their terms though; at least at the initial outset). When Cuba enters the global market we will see that they have expertise in technology, education, medicine and this in tern will be fused into tourism. The point of a military will be moot (this would take up a whole volume)hence all that expertise will be channeled into the electronics industry. Ja will just have to learn the hard way and it's possible that we may end up begging economic aid from cuba (knowing our mentality).

"Sight is of the eyes, vision is of the mind" Boss everyone of Ja's industries will see serious competition in time to come.The fact that we are not prepared for it was my point. Glad to see Yuh come roun a start reason an nuh quarrel. Yuh respek still concrete wid mi though

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          so yuh still believe they are skipping R&D? okay, gwaan tink suh!
                          ... they also stealing like crazy. I went to a government security conference in DC and the #1 source of hacking was China.
                          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Yuh have time

Comment

mek then stay dey time. I had a security conference earlier this year and that is the same info that was provided. The government have organised hackers working with them based on these report.

Not for one minute however I don't think the US does the same thing but it seems like them and the Russians are on another level.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X