Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instead Of Bridge.....A Ferry?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk0zvZ-H-e0

Instead of spending hundreds of millions of dollars (Billions $JA) on a toll bridge, what about a short-haul car ferry such as this one in central Wisconsin?

I've been on this ferry, once the boat launches, the trip takes about 10 mintues. The service is free, and runs 24/7 until the lake freezes.

This boat is not the huge Lake Express or SS Badger auto ferries which cross Lake Michigan.
    Last edited by Bruce; November 4, 2010, 12:18 PM.

Ferry mek more sense dan bridge fi yaad... betta still dem fi build bus only or bus/high occupancy vehicle only lanes pon di main road dem... Jamaican love di cyar ting suh much an wi cyaan afford it..

More mass transit mi seh...jook dem wid dat til dem wake up an smell di coco tea..
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

more man have cyar.... one party love support di almshouse mentality.. Black Man Time..

Comment

To where? Am I that daft? ferry to weh?

Comment

Bridges Across Kingston Harbor

Originally posted by TDowl View Post
          To where? Am I that daft? ferry to weh?
          Someone was bemoaning the lack of an auto bridge across Kingston Harbor. I have Google Earth, and found that a bridge from Manley Airport to downton Kingston would be about 1.5 miles, and another bridge
          from the northwest corner of Port Royal to Portmore would be 1.7 miles.

The downtown bridge would eliminate having to drive on The Palisades and through Harbor View. The Portmore bridge would give Portmore residents direct access to the airport via Port Royal.

In the absence of a bridge, I suggested a short-haul auto ferry.

Comment

I hope Brucey nuh fall for that Bridge trap, next thing yuh know pilots think it is part of the runaway. Can you imaging it collapse like the bridge from Harbor view to St Thomas. Better get the guys who design Chessapeake bay Bridge.

They could widen the Windward road where that foreshore higway meets it going to Harbor view.

The Ferry is a good idea for Portmore reseidents to get to the renovated downtown and to Port Royal too.

But the emphasis should be on Light Rail(even with the Blinkin JPS), no matter what Mo seh bout the rails at Bgue pointing to the JPS generator ROTFADWL.

Comment

a bus lane was tried some time ago

Comment

ferry for cars is a very good idea

Comment

it work still!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I would give the Ferry - the go over the light rail. Rail need nuff money to start up, have to lay tracks etc.
                    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                    X