X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    Not money, Sass!
    ...poor quality work!

Face facts - You can spend billions 'fooling around' on the same road by just doing a poor job...and refixing after every shower of rain...as has actually happened.

Now if each time they actually did a good job, they would move on around the island not marking time on the same sections of roads.

Question: In your neck of the woods, how many times have you seen our 'fixers' going over the same sections of roads? Every year?

OK! ...just imagine if they fixed those sections to last even 10 years? Imagine how many miles would be done during those 10 years before they would have to start revisiting that which started the 10 year cycle?

The entire Portland would possible have good roads!!!!!
    Apart from highway construction, road repairs in Jamaica are basically used for short term electioneering... just as the proposed govt program will be used with massive borrowed funds.

Short term election-related spending by stupid politicians can never produce good quality results.

Look for those same repaired roads to deteriorate within 1 year
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
      Apart from highway construction, road repairs in Jamaica are basically used for short term electioneering... just as the proposed govt program will be used with massive borrowed funds.

Short term election-related spending by stupid politicians can never produce good quality results.

Look for those same repaired roads to deteriorate within 1 year
      Tell Sass, that!
      ...not a peep from him on what he has observered over the years on "next downpour of rain" roads in his neck of the woods?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        Karl what I am telling you in Portland and St.Mary most of the roads haven't been touched in at least 10 years. I wouldn't say 90% but it must be close to it. Where there use to be drain and road it turn inna track because of no maintenance.

The people would even accept stone road.
        Sass, mi dun talk - di man dem a dash weh wi money/tax payer money year after year!

Your point on -
        ...in Portland and St.Mary most of the roads haven't been touched in at least 10 years.
        supports what I am saying. They cannot get to those roads of which you speak as each year they repair the exact sections that was done the previous year.

Nuh tru mi a tell?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Some people cannot see beyond the superficial... ah jus suh di ting set

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

The road from Negril bridge to Green Island at the Salt Spring intersection, is the best paved road I have ever seen in Jamaica, please note this. it was built in the mid 50's upon till the may have repaved it for the start of the Northern Coastal Highway 2005, there was never any pothole in it, and even after a great shower, the water soak away easly.

The other road is from Elgin Town Bridge to Point sea wall where the Live * Let Die bike chase took place, it's just now that a couple of cracks pop up due to the construction of the Fiesta Hotel, and that section started after the Negril road was built.

It's not about money and rainy season, it's about building a proper road.

BTW is there a national policy on road building? I am talking about Specs.

Comment

So if the rainy season extends to January, will the xmas wuk get cancel? Mark you, it as been raining since July 16 to Oct. 26 to my knowledge,

Ehhh ehhh, Jamaicns are dry weather workers LOL, it looks like it gwine rain su mi nah guh out ah di ouse LTMBB.

Notice how Lazie stay far, no spin no excuse sah.

Comment

Mi waiting for him to answer the Negril road question.

Comment

Karl there is no doubt that taxpayer money is dash way. But the fact also remain that the lack of maintaining these roads also contribute.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Karl which roads you speak of? the ones in Kingston and St.Andrew?

That is not Jamaica.

There is no doubt money is wasted but there has been little or no allocation to many places in Jamaica for years. So poor workmanship, waste are also a part of it but also lack of maintaining the road.

The use to allocate money to bush roads, not even that is done again.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

unnu a talk it nuh rain and snow inna other countries and allocations are made for those roads in budgets.

As I said there are many roads in Jamaica which are used daily that has not been touched in the last 10-15 years. They turn tracks. Passenger Bus use to run on some and now not even bikes can, so unnu can gwaan talk unnu crap. Unnu think a only Hiway 2000 need to be maintained and Kingston need to be maintained.

Comment

It is obvious ??

Suh how the opposition nuh jump pon dat.

Gwaan mek Mosiah propoganda antics fool yuh.

All mi can seh.. mi nuh know wheh di comrades ah guh duh when Jamaica is actually pot hole free.. (not Bobby Pickersgill version)

Comment

Yuh nevah drive pon Norbrook Rd and Norbrook Drive and Jackshill road before Nicole ?

Mi nearly lost few times.. I used to think that potholes were synonymous with uptown.. the more upscale the houses the bigger the potholes.. (how much vote dat after all)

Change is good..

Comment

Do you see any major road repair in the US between December to April?

It don't make sense to start in the heart of the Hurricane Season. It ends soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                              unnu a talk it nuh rain and snow inna other countries and allocations are made for those roads in budgets.

As I said there are many roads in Jamaica which are used daily that has not been touched in the last 10-15 years. They turn tracks. Passenger Bus use to run on some and now not even bikes can, so unnu can gwaan talk unnu crap. Unnu think a only Hiway 2000 need to be maintained and Kingston need to be maintained.
                              Mr Miss The Point never fails

Comment

months away from the most massive road repair program in Jamaica history and people b1tching and moaning.. woulda nuh suh bad if we never had 18 years of effery dat dem suck up and did support...

I like the 'higher standards ting' though.. juss hope it nuh suddenly stap when tings switch back to the dark side..

Comment

Working...
                                X