No announcement yet.

'You've got to be kidding, Mike'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe we shouda pay it long time then, we would a be pot hole free by now.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      maybe we shouda pay it long time then, we would a be pot hole free by now.
      if dem use it fi fix pothole den it woulden suh bad!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

put it this way. If them a go fix the road them it nuh hurt fi wait another two weeks or so. I only hope them fix some a the road them. There is still a whole lot to do.

The problem I have is when them nuh use it to fix it. I would give them a little pass for now because of the active hurricane season.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It is obvious that the govt. is simply throwing that money into general tax revenue... and similarly it's spending is on "general expenses" rather than what it was implemented for. Just another tax grab.

They should quantify that tax and say how the money was spent if in fact they are doing as was intended (which I doubt) or just come clean and say...well de money spen fi sen Mr Golding et al guh America... or whatever it spen on...
          Peter R

Comment

the amount was 20% of the tax, and should be moved to 50% this year for road repair. This is what was approved by the government and the IMF.

Comment

Well after Tomas passes through (which I certainly do not wish) even more roads will have to be rebuilt...
              Peter R

Comment

Your arguement is like the craters in the roads..stop the silly excuses, how many time have you been to Jamaica in the last 3 years?

Mo please make a video for your friend ans sass. On my next visit I will take a pictures of the Northern Coastal Highway section, Hopewell to Lucea, also the B9, Lucea-Dias-Kingsvale to Grange Hill. Try any route in Hanover to Mayfield Falls.

Bring back the PWD and Parish Councils.

Comment

T what you talking bout? I often talk about the condition of the road. The fat is the man dem say massive road work a go start and we know them get chiney money. The last few weeks was rainy so you want start the roadwork inna the middle of the rain? Up to last week places in Western Jamaica was still under flood. Is not like the man say 6 more months then I would join you but after the big flood the man they had to go back and take estimate, go to IMF and free up 6.9 Billion dollar more.

You think that can done inna one week?

Comment

See it yah. you have to wait till the rainy season done or you a go do it twice

Junction main road blocked

2010-10-30 19:08:53 | (0 Comments)

Motorists are being advised that the Junction main road in St Mary is blocked. The road is blocked by a landslide one mile north of the Castleton Police Station.

Motorists coming from Kingston are being asked to use the alternative route through Golden Valley exiting at Grandy Hole.

Motorists going towards Kingston are being advised to use the Grandy Hole through Golden Valley route.

Comment

I spoke about Hanover for the most part, ah wah mi know bout. I can show you craters from the DRY season back in March that is still there.

This I can back up, there are no potholes/Crater from the MBJ Round about on the NCH to Ochie.

No it can't be done in one week, as the bidding has to take place.

Comment

I was also in Hanover. I always come on here and talk bout the state of the roads in Ja, but for the first time the Chinese government is giving them money and they have actually already have press conference in every parish right before the hurricane came so for once it seems like some roads going to be fixed. Before Christmas a whole heap a roadwork is going to happen. Let us just pray that it is of good standard not a lot of over runs because we a talk bout Jamaican politicians here.

Comment

I was also in Hanover. I always come on here and talk bout the state of the roads in Ja, but for the first time the Chinese government is giving them money and they have actually already have press conference in every parish right before the hurricane came so for once it seems like some roads going to be fixed. Before Christmas a whole heap a roadwork is going to happen. Let us just pray that it is of good standard not a lot of over runs because we a talk bout Jamaican politicians here.
                          Sass, the amount of money spent on our roads since 1962 we should have, at the very least, a road system to rival the USA.

Money has never been the problem. It is the poor workmanship that has been our downfall.

The big questions are, why has it been that our roads were/are never properly built...and will we once again spend 'tons' of money and get roads that last only until the next rainy season?
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Money has been a big problem in the last 10 years. Most internal roads have not been repaired in that time Karl. Believe it or not.

Comment

Money has been a big problem in the last 10 years. Most internal roads have not been repaired in that time Karl. Believe it or not.
                              Not money, Sass!
                              ...poor quality work!

Face facts - You can spend billions 'fooling around' on the same road by just doing a poor job...and refixing after every shower of rain...as has actually happened.

Now if each time they actually did a good job, they would move on around the island not marking time on the same sections of roads.

Question: In your neck of the woods, how many times have you seen our 'fixers' going over the same sections of roads? Every year?

OK! ...just imagine if they fixed those sections to last even 10 years? Imagine how many miles would be done during those 10 years before they would have to start revisiting that which started the 10 year cycle?

The entire Portland would possible have good roads!!!!!
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl what I am telling you in Portland and St.Mary most of the roads haven't been touched in at least 10 years. I wouldn't say 90% but it must be close to it. Where there use to be drain and road it turn inna track because of no maintenance.

The people would even accept stone road.

Comment

Working...
                                X