Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'You've got to be kidding, Mike'

THE EDITOR, Sir:
    I READ with interest and much disgust in today's newspaper (October 28) where Mike Henry is pleading with Jamaicans to be "patient" with the slow pace of road repairs. I have to say that Mr Henry is got to be kidding and should not be taken seriously.
    I would like to tell Mr Henry that I left Jamaica almost 20 years ago from Fairview, St Catherine, and each and every year that I make my return visit to Jamaica, the roads in the

Fairview/Ebony schemes are the same with very large craters (they used to be potholes). Jamaicans are fed up with these politicians simply making promises and not doing a thing to help people.
    Jamaican citizens, therefore, have all right to be impatient, and for that I'm on their side.
    I am, etc.,
    BOB CHAMBERS
    rchambers@franklinboe.org Somerset, New Jersey
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

The govt. was not patient in grabbing $9 of every litre of gas bought out of our pockets for road repairs, yet the country's roads are in the worst shape ever!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

of course this was taken out of context. The man was addressing people who were asking how the road work nuh start. You nuh think they should wait until the rain stop fall? That is what the man was talking bout, not about waiting months.
      "In September, Minister of Transport and Works Mike Henry said road repairs were to begin on some sections of [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]the [/COLOR][COLOR=blue !important]Rio[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Grande Valley in three weeks. However, when The Gleaner toured the area on Tuesday, the repairs had not started although residents pointed out that the inclement weather could have hampered the start of repairs. "
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

which rains? the rest of this year's or next year's?

sass...anyway, yuh nuh haffi drive pon dem donkey track yah!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mo I agree but the statement was refering to days and weeks and was overblown. After the Storm a few weeks ago ofcourse you know some reassessment had to be done and even more money going into work. Yes some politics involved as it is going to "christmas work" but you and can agree that major work soon start.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sass, what I am trying to say is the roads have been horrible LONG BEFORE NICOLE! So to ask people to be patient now when we have been driving on bad roads since...2003...! At least then we weren't being TAXED for it!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              The govt. was not patient in grabbing $9 of every litre of gas bought out of our pockets for road repairs, yet the country's roads are in the worst shape ever!
              Suh yuh recommend the gov't start the repairs even though hurricane season isn't over? Then they do that and the rains come and mash up what was started you'd still find something to complain about.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Sass, what I am trying to say is the roads have been horrible LONG BEFORE NICOLE! So to ask people to be patient now when we have been driving on bad roads since...2003...! At least then we weren't being TAXED for it!
                Wait, didn't the JDIP kick off all around the country, even though numerous clowns have been opposing it?

Comment

well look at the man entire statement and not just sound bites. If it was six months wait he was asking for I could understand.

Comment

I am driving on the roads, Lazie, and I am also involved in roadwork, so i think i should know how much is taking place in Jamaica and how many potholes I drop into on a daily basis.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

see post at 8:32.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I am driving on the roads, Lazie, and I am also involved in roadwork, so i think i should know how much is taking place in Jamaica and how many potholes I drop into on a daily basis.

.. again, isn't there a plan to address the matter? The reality is nuh matter what unuh ago complain.

Comment

plan after dodging and hitting potholes for 2 years?!? and billions of tax money?!?!!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

plan after dodging and hitting potholes for 2 years?!? and billions of tax money?!?!!?
                            Wait, weren't you one of those knocking the JDIP? Yuh neva did a dodge potholes then?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                              Wait, weren't you one of those knocking the JDIP? Yuh neva did a dodge potholes then?
                              provide context where i knocked JDIP.

like i said, we always had to deal with potholes in Ja. but when yuh being taxed at $9/litre! to fix them...!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X