For YEARS ... I've been searching for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For YEARS ... I've been searching for

this tune. The problem was, I didn't know who the singers were. Donovan Dacres back in the day used to kick off his Saturday night show with this tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NPjtcipvV0
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

cannot open it...what is the name and who is the artiste?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      cannot open it...what is the name and who is the artiste?
      Block Party - Stacey Lattisaw and Johnny Gill.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

hmmm....the name doesn't jog a memory. only over the weekend i was listening to stacy lattisaw...she had some brilliant slow jams..."let me take you down", "let me be your angel", "miracle" ... and some nice jamz too "dynamite" "jump to the beat" ...... but i don't have this one.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          hmmm....the name doesn't jog a memory. only over the weekend i was listening to stacy lattisaw...she had some brilliant slow jams..."let me take you down", "let me be your angel", "miracle" ... and some nice jamz too "dynamite" "jump to the beat" ...... but i don't have this one.

Its a disco jam. Cowritten by Narada Michael Walden. Its on the Perfect Combination album.

Comment

will check it out.

Comment

Randy Jackson

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
              Block Party - Stacey Lattisaw and Johnny Gill.
              The bass player on Stacy Lattisaw and Johnny Gill’s “Block Party,” I believe, was Randy Jackson.

While most people recognize Randy as one of the prominent judges on American Idol, not many people, I suspect, realize that he is a very accomplished bass player and studio session man (as well as first-rate producer) who has played with countless prominent recording artists, including Whitney Houston, Madonna, Mariah Carey, etc.

Comment

greetings sah...long time.
                RE: Randy Jackson, in recent times I have come to realise how prolific he is! I think he played bass on the album of a group called "the breakfast club" for whom madonna used to a drummer and from whom (stephen bray) wrote several of madonna's early hits including "into the groove" and co-wrote "each time you break my heart" sung by nick kamen.

Comment

I remember Stacy. One of her poppular tunes "I'm not the same girl, you used to know"
                  Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                  - Langston Hughes

Comment

mine yuh mixing her up...i will have to check if she did that song ... that sounds like a line from "this time i'll be sweeter" by angela bofill or linda lewis

Comment

Working...
                    X