what wrong with them bait ya? a mash up the music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what wrong with them bait ya? a mash up the music

Not the Real Mckoy - Mavado dismisses claim of being involved in shooting <DIV class=KonaBody Ar6jv="true">

Kavelle Anglin-Christie, Staff Reporter

MAVADO - Ian Allen photo

Singer, Mavado, says he was not involved in the shooting incident at the home of Exodus Studio owner, Ernest "Father Romeo" Braithwaite on Tuesday afternoon.

As a result, he says he does not know why he is wanted by the police.

In an interview with THE STAR yesterday, he said those who are envious of his success are constantly trying to find ways to undermine him. This is another one.

"A dat some bwoy a try bring off pon man. All now me nuh know nothing bout di ting, me just hear say place get shoot up and my name a call," said Mavado, whose correct name is David Brooks.

According to the police, about 5:55 p.m. on Tuesday afternoon a white Toyota Corolla registered 7771 EP was seen driving past the gates of the private studio, along Kirk Avenue, Havendale. It is alleged that when Mrs. Braithwaite (wife of Father Romeo) arrived at the home, the vehicle reappeared and the occupants fired several shots, before speeding off.

Positive ID

Cops say an eyewitness positively identified Mavado as the 'trigger man' in the incident, and the car as belonging to selector and fellow Cassava Piece resident, Foota Hype.

The incident is also being blamed on the ongoing feud between deejay Adijah "Vybz Kartel" Palmer and Mavado, because Vybz Kartel had started his birthday celebrations on Sunday at a private studio beside the home.

Mavado maintains he has nothing to do with the incident because he was in Cassava Piece at the time. "Likkle before the time me hear bout it, me and some police from Constant Spring deh roun' a Piece fi bout a hour a reason." He says after this he heard Exodus was shot up.

"... The eyewitness say dem see somebody wha almost look like me drive pass and shoot up the place. Look how much people know Mavado; Mavado face cyaan miss, " he said.

Other problems

Mavado also had other problems with the eyewitness' account, including identifying the getaway vehicle as Foota Hype's.

"Everybody know Foota Hype car, so anybody can say anything. Another thing is that if a man drive down and a fire shot, how yuh have time fi a see and tek down licence plate number? Dem a try everything fi bring down man ... A music we a do and dem need fi know dat," he said.

Mavado also dismissed the idea that those close to him would have done the act. "The people wha shoot up dem place cyaan associate with me, a music me a do. Dem (Exodus) always a try get me inna dem ting and dem always inna mix up with people, so it could be anybody."

Mavado says he and those at Exodus have had problems in the past. He accuses them of splicing his songs, which led to an altercation between the two parties. "Dem splice up mi song dem and after dat dem say dem see me a lick bwoy inna him face. Dem tek me fi fool?"

In a previous edition of THE STAR, Braithwaite had responded saying, "A me own di Sound an my son own di studio, an my studio cyan splice nutt'n, we a analogue studio, we cyan splice tune, a protools studio do dem ting deh."

No marching

The incident had gone further when Mavado was accused of assaulting one of the engineers at the studio. Following this, Mavado heard he was wanted and turned himself in to the Constant Spring Police. There, he got into an altercation with the police and he almost lost a few fingers when he was allegedly pushed through a glass door.

Mavado, therefore, says he will not be marching to the station this time around: "Mi nuh see no police come bout this and fi tell yuh di truth, mi finger dem still nuh heal up, so mi naw go a no police station," he said</DIV>
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.
Working...
X