No announcement yet.

Assasin it look like I going to have to stop watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will reply to You and Gamma in this thread.

Bounty use to manage himself at one stage and had a booking agent.

He was upset at No Doubt because he didn't get royalities from a big hit he djed on. He didn't go to the Grammy because of the riff.

Trust me I-man it is really primative in the reggae world right now and 60 percent of the people taking advantage are some of our own. Even some of the "crews" how many you think getting any form of royalites or anything from their music.

For many a manager is a "don" or "friend" they grew up with. Nothing written and nothing signed. So many just want "buss". So many of the songs you hear some of the big artist do(reggae) are not written by them but if you look on the record there is no credit for anybody else it is just either the (artist or producer). That is our history and so it is until today.

Also many of the deals by big label the artist get nothing until the companies recoup the money they laid out and use for adveristment. The safest way for most of these artist are stage show where they get money in cash, and Dub plates which is not such a very hot market as before.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So to answer the Bounty question "why was he upset?" the answer is "because he is a damn eediat", which we already know anyway.

Me did know the old time artiste dem never too inna the royalty ting me can more understand that era of artiste like Family Man etc, but bwoy you would think that in todays era when dem using music extensively in sampling , movies, ringtones, video games, etc,etc that somebody woulda explain to them the value of contracts and royalties. I guess not.

Yet we have so much energy and emotion when it come to trying to get BACK what we aleady signed away.

All very sad.Me haffe go have two drinks tonight instead of one.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yet we have so much energy and emotion when it come to trying to get BACK what we aleady signed away.

for real!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
        X